What's your biggest regret of your life so far

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regrets, many.

If you get to the end of your life with no regrets you're either a selfish c**t or have taken the riskless road.

That could well be one of the regrets..

Same club, mate. It changed me for the better though. I now want a kid, but only with a suitable, stable woman. ^^ Childless for life.

Two out of three ain't bad...

I have a few, but then again, too few to mention.

Its all lies of course, should have moved to London when I had the chance, married thon stunning Indian burd (not from Goa), got caught up in a hooker/cocaine scandal and be dead by 30.

Have you seen The Smiths live though?

I have a few, but then again, too few to mention.

Its all lies of course, should have moved to London when I had the chance, married thon stunning Indian burd (not from Goa), got caught up in a hooker/cocaine scandal and be dead by 30.

My mates parents rented out a flat to a Goan couple that were over here at Uni. To this day the wife was the most beautiful woman i've ever met.

Edit: Apart from my wife of course, hiya darling!!

I have lots, but turning down a two year YTS at a second division club would probably be top.

I was seventeen and thought I'm not having idiots scream abuse at me four nights a week for two years in the pissing rain for the hope of three minutes off the bench away to Alloa.

Mate took it and went on to play for Scotland and made a nice career and a lot of money. Not saying that I would have too, but I never really made the connection that if you do well here maybe your Dundee Utd's etc would come calling, as they did with him.

You could have combined it with your politics degree at the worlds best Uni you done. More bullshit.

Selling my Gibson SG.

I've sold loads of guitars over the years, but the only ones I really miss were fairly cheap ones that were comfortable or unusual. I've never once regretted selling my Gibson Les Paul or my Schecter PT. But my Cort X-7 and Yamaha Pacifica 112 were probably the most comfortable guitars I've ever owned due to the sleekness of their necks, which is no small feet for the Cort since it was a 7 string and I miss them both (or would if I still played regularly). Both easily replaced, but my life has moved on from my multiple guitar owning days.

I've sold loads of guitars over the years, but the only ones I really miss were fairly cheap ones that were comfortable or unusual. I've never once regretted selling my Gibson Les Paul or my Schecter PT. But my Cort X-7 and Yamaha Pacifica 112 were probably the most comfortable guitars I've ever owned due to the sleekness of their necks, which is no small feet for the Cort since it was a 7 string and I miss them both (or would if I still played regularly). Both easily replaced, but my life has moved on from my multiple guitar owning days.

I've got a Pacifica, great guitar.

Hard to answer this. There have been plenty of things that I have or haven't done and I've regretted at the time, but for the most part I have learned from the experience and moved on. A lot of my decisions now would be wildly different to the decisions I would have made at 18, based on what happened when I made those decisions back then.

In short, YHYH and EHAG. But bag up first.

Horrible advice, losing out on your kids first years would be my biggest regret if I ever did it.

Probably not doing as well as I could have in school and hanging on with my first girlfriend for too long so that we ended up hating each other.

Bitch.

I wasn't saying to leave her or the kid, would never suggest that, just saying that people should have the best of both worlds, no relationship where somebody has to give something up to make the other one happy and trust them can be healthy?

If she has forgiven him she needs to trust him and let him do as he pleases (within reason) for it to be a healthy relationship surely?

ETA: and tbf if hes not bothered then fair play, just that I have been in the same position before (minus the baby which changes alot obviously) at the same age and it did play on my mind, I was trying to convince myself I didnt care about not going out (when its all my mates really ever did being 21) because I wanted it to work so much with my gf

I've got a Pacifica, great guitar.

Yeah they're surprisingly good value for a budget guitar. They don't need a set up either, play great straight from the box in my experience. I've currently got a Mexican Strat, Martin subsidiary electro acoustic and a Stagg bass and the wife has a nice solid top Spanish acoustic.

I adored my SG. But at the time my wife had just fallen pregnant, we were living in a tiny flat and I was just playing my acoustic, and we needed the money.

I miss that guitar :(

Giving a shit friend the benefit of the doubt when he was making up a smear campaign. Ended up eventually losing friends and becoming a bit depressed and reclusive as a result. Probably a bit too heavy for this thread but really wish I could go back and smack that p***k in the face and call him a liar.

Back then foolishly just trusted people, now I see the worst in everyone.

Archived