What's your biggest regret of your life so far

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to university. What a load of shite. Unless you are doing some niche degree or are naturally smart as f**k then you're wasting 4 years of your life.

I don't regret it at all. I was 22 and had been in full time employment for the best part of 5 years when I went to uni. I have never used my degree but I had a great 4 years meeting people, drinking and lying in bed watching TJ Hooker. It was better than work.

I'd respond to all the posts regarding me, but f**k that for a laugh.

so now your going to be home more often rather than out on the lash how's about getting that thread finished...

None really.

Yes there are things I'd like to have done differently, but that's what makes me who I am today.

I regret not getting a job with the NIHE when I first came over here - I'd be sitting with my feet up, a pension and a lump sum burning a hole in my bank account.

On the other hand, I might well have died of boredom before even getting the length of the lump sum, so swings and roundabouts...

Being loyal to my former company and not taking up the opportunity to move elsewhere when recruiters were hassling me. Fool.

There's an easy solution to this work loyalty thing - realise that whoever you are, whatever position you are in, you are 100% expendable. Loyalty wouldn't come into it if they wanted to fire you, or anyone. You get a better opportunity that also makes sense logistically, location-wise, etc etc, you move. End of. f**k plastic loyalty.

Exactly this. One of the things my dad told me was that loyalty doesn't exist. Every single company will get rid of you in a heartbeat if they need to without giving a single f**k, so never be loyal to them, ever.

I'll add a "This" to this. My biggest regret is spending my early thirties working myself half to death under the naive misconception that it would make a difference. When companies talk about loyalty, they only ever expect it to flow in one direction.

Still there, however it really doesn't seem to be worth it.

It does depend what you're doing. My degree got me a job doing the subject. Others don't, just depends.

My biggest regret, nothing major as of yet, although I should have accepted a good friend at school asking me out (yes she was a she and yes I'm awful). Didn't at the time, she moved away and now she's a stunning girl, happily in a relationship with a kid. Still she's way out my league, so in a way I'm pleased she found happiness. Since she went through a lot, which was another reason I said no. Still feel bad and think about it many years later.

Other than that, nae fucking regrets. Life is what you make of it I guess.

Not really big on regrets tbh, im quite happy with everything just now and wouldn't be in this situation without the choices ive made before, some hilariously wrong but its all sort of worked out to somewhere im pretty comfortable.

Meh, if I changed the things I regret I wouldn't have my son or my fiancé. To be brutally honest I wouldn't swap them for the world.

I don't think there is one actual regret that i can think of, fair enough if i went back in time i wouldn't do half the stupid things i did but i can't think if anything in particular that has had a negative effect on my life as a hole and that i made decisions based on how i felt at the time and made correct actions when things weren't working out

Having said that i am a pretty grumpy b*****d now and never used to be like that

I don't think there is one actual regret that i can think of, fair enough if i went back in time i wouldn't do half the stupid things i did but i can't think if anything in particular that has had a negative effect on my life as a hole and that i made decisions based on how i felt at the time and made correct actions when things weren't working out

Having said that i am a pretty grumpy b*****d now and never used to be like that

What about sniffing your birds sisters pants?

What about sniffing your birds sisters pants?

I would have regretted it if they had come back and caught me in the act, thats why i put the snib on the lock of the door - that i could have explained but there would be no way of lying my way out of anything with a pair of nickers over my head and masturbating furiously

Archived