Scottish Cup Final 2015 - Falkirk Vs ICT

Bit harsh folk putting it all on MacDonald.

Granted, it was extremely poor from him but Vincent shouldn't be sprinting the whole pitch onto the back post with no Falkirk player with him.

Absolutely nothing "unlucky" about a team with an extra man not bothering/being too unnecessarily attacking to track back.

Congratulations to ICT. Said after they knocked us out in the 4th round (after a replay!) i hoped they went on and won it... And they did. Delighted for them they deserve it, just shows what running a football club properly on and off the park results in.

For Falkirk though... Ooft that's got to hurt. Will they ever get a better chance to win a major title again? That will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons... Against 10 men... Must be absolutely heartbreaking.

Edited by Lex

ICT become the 25th side to win the Scottish Cup. And the second side this century to win it in their first final.

Edited by mizfit

First of all very well done to Inverness Caley Thistle to all the fans, players, John Hughes and everyone at the club.

Commiserations to Falkirk and their supporters.

I enjoyed the game and both teams had their chances.

Id also like to say well done to both clubs for a good game and in particular for both sets of supporters for producing a great family atmosphere throughout the day. I stay close to Hampden so could see a great atmosphere. This is what Scottish football should really be about and both clubs should be very proud of their supporters.

I wonder when the last time was for 2 years running that a club won the Scottish cup that had never won it before

First of all very well done to Inverness Caley Thistle to all the fans, players, John Hughes and everyone at the club.

Id also like to say well done to both clubs for a good game and in particular for both sets of supporters for producing a great family atmosphere throughout the day. I stay close to Hampden so could see a great atmosphere. This is what Scottish football should really be about and both clubs should be very proud of their supporters.

I wonder when the last time was for 2 years running that a club won the Scottish cup that had never won it before

1938 and 1939

East Fife and Clyde.

Decent day out, was there really 8k difference between the Falkirk and ICT fans? Certainly never looked it

I would say so yep. Remember the fans in the south east corner were 'neutrals'. Great turnout from ourselves, still absolutely gutted

Despite being absolutely gutted, I can't grudge the ICT fans their win. Well done to them and I hope the players and fans enjoy themselves.

Was chatting to a few of them before the game, handshakes, wishing of luck and all that, and there is a real camaraderie amongst non-OF fans.

ICT become the 25th side to win the Scottish Cup. And the second side this century to win it in their first final.

But it hasn't taken them 130 years to do so! :rolleyes:

Congratulations to the Sneck fans, winners of a decent game.

Well, we threw that one away. Getting level, with 10 mins to go, against 10 men who were struggling with fitness, with 30 mins extra time in prospect. Why the hell were we trying to bust a gut to win this in 90?

The odds were heavily stacked in our favour. All it needed was those experienced heads to calm the game down, do nothing stupid & see out normal time. Bloody idiots!

With the exception of the last 10 mins of the first half, when the goal really knocked the wind out of us, our play was fine. For the 17th best team, we gave a very good account of ourselves, against a team that finished third.

Todays game only showed there is precious little difference between the teams in those positions.

However, two pieces of slack play were punished & ultimately cost us the cup.

Hurting big time. I thought ICT were disappointing TBH considering they are 3rd top of the Premiership. I expected much more from them. They were out on their feet after 70 minutes and Falkirk hadn't played for 28 days and were running the legs off ICT by the end.

Watkins was the key for them with his pace but the lad up top with him is useless. Tansey is decent too the rest I was pretty non plused tbh. They looked shaky defensively all day.

As for us Loy didn't look fit but actually did better when he go a partner. Biabi who I am not a huge fan of gave Devine a torrid time when he came. Best for us were Grant, Taiwo and Alston. Both full backs did well too. However I thought Will Vaulks was brilliant.

Very very unlucky to lose and if we can keep the guts of the side together and play in the fashion of the second half we will have a decent season.

Enjoy your night ICT fans. You will know how fortunate you were.

I wonder what the odds are for Rangers to win it next year and make it 3 years in row?

May I also congratulate Willie Collum & his team on going through the complete match without getting a single decision correct.

Issuing a red card, with a defender covering, was bad enough. But their missing of a blatant hand ball minutes later was astounding.