Partick Thistle v St. Mirren, Saturday 2 May

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's actually up with Seaborne? Can't recall hearing much about his initial injury but it's kept him out for some time now.

Still injured. Unlikely to feature until next season unless jettisoned.

What's actually up with Seaborne? Can't recall hearing much about his initial injury but it's kept him out for some time now.

Seaborne is done for the season. I don't have a problem with him being injured for a couple of months, that happens, what got me was before the current injury ended his season he missed 8 games due to injury... but 6 of them he wasn't listed as a doubt in the match preview. That is odd. It was also infuriating in the first half of the season as we'd end up with Muirhead and Balatoni at short notice and lose 2-1 to St Mirren or Hamilton.

As for tomorrow, I've been quietly confident the last couple of weeks but now back in a more normal "yeah, we're going to f**k this one up" mode. Don't think it'll spark a panic as I expect County to get something at Motherwell anyway. Hope Goodwin plays, the guy is proper box office.

Maybe we will be relegated in a few hours, or maybe we will have turned a 10 point deficit from this time last week into a 4 point one by this evening.

No idea really, neither of those outcomes would particularly surprise me. We haven't lost in the league at Firhill since 2001, so I guess that gives us some kind of hope. Indeed before last week we had won more points at Firhill this season than we had at our own ground. Since Thistle came up last season it's 3 wins and a draw from our 4 league games there.

However, I think if Motherwell win it will be over regardless of our result. If they halt their recent collapse there will be nothing we can do to catch them even if we keep winning.

There should be no changes to our team and I'm pretty sure there won't be. We were excellent last week. Will go for a sneaky 0-1... And hope springs eternal until we see the Motherwell score...

This being our last meeting at Firhill for the foreseeable future, we better finally break that Saints hoodoo. I'll be fucking annoyed, if a little unsurprised, if we don't. Pretty fucking awful that we can't beat the worst team in the league by some measurable distance at least once when home.

We've broken every other hoodoo this season so it would be fitting to break this one. It would continue our run of relegating teams at Firhill as well.

You can't claim you relegated Hearts last season surely, did they not win 5-1 or something? Lol.

We relegated Hearts last season by beating Motherwell 3-2 :P.

You can't claim you relegated Hearts last season surely, did they not win 5-1 or something? Lol.

We relegated Hearts last season by beating Motherwell 3-2 :P.

" It would continue the run of teams being relegated at Firhill" Is probably more fitting :P

Half time 0-0

Thistle much the better side for the most part, haven't created much though. Ridgers has had one save to make if I recall correctly. Mallan and Reilly getting over run in midfield but the centre half pairing of Baird and Kelly have been solid.

The big moment of the half was after about 40 minutes. Naismith in behind for us and then hacked down. Looked a penalty and a red card card all day long from where I was sitting.

Nothing given.

Least Well aren't winning...

Archived