First World Problems

Lift in our flat has been broken since Friday and the Mrs has had to waddle down 3 flights of stairs with the baby in the carrier every time she has wanted to leave the flat. She’s having a day in today thankfully.

That’s it only just fixed now, they kept coming back and telling us that it needed another part and then saying that parts were failing etc and not returning for weeks on end. An absolute joke in this day and age I tell you!

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

That’s it only just fixed now, they kept coming back and telling us that it needed another part and then saying that parts were failing etc and not returning for weeks on end. An absolute joke in this day and age I tell you!

No wonder it breaks down with the family throbber wedged in to half a dozen times a day.

(Sorry throbber, they were all thinking it)

You and Mrs Throbber must be a bit trimmer now at least though?

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Cava?  Spanish mate.

You should have gone with Vinissimus or whatever their called. Trying a case from  Great Grog in Edinburgh this time, didn't recognise the brands so a dive in the dark. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

my missus decided to putt the coffee machine on a cleaning cycle before i made my coffee so im now being forced to drink milicano instant. unacceptable

Did she break your shift button too? 

It seems this coffee machine and it’s associated accoutrements are causing a strain on your relationship. 

Did she break your shift button too? 
It seems this coffee machine and it’s associated accoutrements are causing a strain on your relationship. 
its getting beyond a strain. why she thinks first thing in the morning is a good time to clean it is beyond me.

On 22/12/2018 at 19:39, Granny Danger said:

We always buy a few bottles of Semi-Sec cava from Sainsbury’s at this time of year.

They don’t have any, only brut.

Morrisons (two stores) and Tesco also don’t have any.  It’s a national disgrace.

What's the special occasion at this time of year?

This isn't a loaded question btw, before you bite my head off you grumpy old fucker. I am merely interested in the reasoning behind the purchase of specific alcohol in late January. 

What's the special occasion at this time of year?
This isn't a loaded question btw, before you bite my head off you grumpy old fucker. I am merely interested in the reasoning behind the purchase of specific alcohol in late January. 

Original post was 22nd December. Something happens around then but I can’t quite remember what.