First World Problems

I saw a guy absolutely SEETHING in Hamilton Morrisons at the weekend, screaming at the manager that his red peppers were not red enough, and they were "forcing" him to "cook using non-standard colours."

WTF M8

I went to the pub today. I'm staying off the drink, so I asked for a triple-vodka and orange without the vodka. When I took a big drink, it had tons of vodka in it. :(

If you got charged for a orange juice I would say your lucky. Having Satan's man juice in my burger was horrifying.

I went to McDonald's today and asked for a big tastey without the sauce, I'm on a diet and its boggin anyway When I took a big bite it had tons of sauce :( it ruined my day a little.

I'm voting DDc's FWP as my favourite FWP of the week, (so far), well done sir (or madam).

Grimbo

Eta Dear Cardy, being given a trip Voddy for the price of an orange is a god-send (no blasphemy intended). For a drunken man of the cloth you are one lucky c**t.

I agreed to go to this couples flat tomorrow night for dinner and drinks. They were round at ours 2 weeks ago when we had a good few folk around as they are a friend of a friend, i don't particularly like the pair of them and they asked my girlfriend who agreed to it as did i without giving it any thought.

When they were round at ours they never bought any drink with them at all and just took what was on offer and also never contributed to the takeaway - I'm not sure whether this was deliberate or if they just assume when you go round to someone else's for this sort of evening this means you don't have to bring anything. Either way it will be a pretty boring night, all just because i agreed to something nearly 2 weeks ago without properly paying attention as to what was going on.

What's the plan then Throbber? If you take your own drink then he's managed to get free drinks off you and he wins. If you don't take drink then you risk cutting your nose off to spite your face if he hasn't got any in, and you'll be sitting sober and bored in somebody that you don't likes house.

What's the plan then Throbber? If you take your own drink then he's managed to get free drinks off you and he wins. If you don't take drink then you risk cutting your nose off to spite your face if he hasn't got any in, and you'll be sitting sober and bored in somebody that you don't likes house.

I can't go there and not drink so I'm just going to have to gamble that he won't take any of mine - will probably just bring 4 bottles of beer and then drink wine in between times. I might have got out of going though through constantly badgering my GF, i hardly even agreed to it anyway i just went along with what she was saying 2 weeks ago so she would stop talking. 

There isn't much that annoys me but someone coming to mine and drinking my beer and then me being out of pocket for a takeaway i didn't even want gets me pretty furious, on top of that this banter is awful when he decides to speak. There will be another couple there who are ok but we saw them recently so have no interest in seeing them again this weekend.

Why not just say you're not going.

Where's the drama in that?

If throbber not gonna man up and tell his burd he's no well so can't go he should get drunk before he goes and start a fight with the long suffering Mrs throbber and use that as a way out. You may have to go to the couple's house but keep fighting then storm put the house and back home to the beloved sock.

Why not just say you're not going.

I take it you don't have a wife/GF who likes to make plans without your full consent.

In fairness to Mrs Throbber i did say yes to this, plus its not very often I'm forced into evenings like this that i can't be bothered with. Maybe once a year at most. Think she said that she will just go herself when i mentioned i wasn't happy with it but she will moan more about it tomorrow no doubt.

I can't go there and not drink so I'm just going to have to gamble that he won't take any of mine - will probably just bring 4 bottles of beer and then drink wine in between times. I might have got out of going though through constantly badgering my GF, i hardly even agreed to it anyway i just went along with what she was saying 2 weeks ago so she would stop talking.

There isn't much that annoys me but someone coming to mine and drinking my beer and then me being out of pocket for a takeaway i didn't even want gets me pretty furious, on top of that this banter is awful when he decides to speak. There will be another couple there who are ok but we saw them recently so have no interest in seeing them again this weekend.

Four bottles of beer? To hell wi that!

Ching and (an litre bottle o) voddy. If yer gonna dae it, dae it richt.

It's not really that sort of party Dee Dee - there will be young kids there for a start.

These are big beers as well - plus probably a bottle of red.

Mrs throbber just said see how I feel tomorrow so I could be off the hook!

Ok, fair enough. My bad :(

How large are these big beers, throbber? I don't think they'll be enough, even wi a bottle o red.

Try an old Jocky favourite. The Derry Oot, 8 tins o mcewans export and a half bottle o OVD.

Ok, fair enough. My bad :(

How large are these big beers, throbber? I don't think they'll be enough, even wi a bottle o red.

Try an old Jocky favourite. The Derry Oot, 8 tins o mcewans export and a half bottle o OVD.

Pretty big - maybe a bitter and twisted or something along those lines. Also feeling that i have been drinking a bit too much since about 2004 and need to curb my intake a wee bit, another first world problem in itself i suppose!

Also feeling that i have been drinking a bit too much since about 2004 and need to curb my intake a wee bit, another first world problem in itself i suppose!

:lol:

One more large intake, then curb away.