First World Problems

Glad you enjoyed it Thrib but a bit light on details.

Did you drink all their ale or was you already pre'd?

Was it a dece takeaway?

Did you do the Voddy bottle on driveway trick?

Did you pay your fair share or not?

What was you & the missus wearing?

When's the next one?

Grimbo

Glad you enjoyed it Thrib but a bit light on details.

Did you drink all their ale or was you already pre'd?

Was it a dece takeaway?

Did you do the Voddy bottle on driveway trick?

Did you pay your fair share or not?

What was you & the missus wearing?

When's the next one?

Grimbo

Perversion masked by a number of other questions.

Oh Grimbo!

I've just finished at the gym for the afternoon and want to go home. My cleaner is there until 5 o'clock, and I can't be arsed with the small talk and having someone in my house when I just want to chill out.

Christ and these Syrian refugees think they have it hard. :angry:

Had an awful nights sleep last night - room was eventually too hot so i had to open window and in between being kept awake by my own personal fears and anxieties at least 3 different motorbikes belted past (i never hear noise like it during the day and I'm convinced some guys just take them out at night just to cause as much disturbance as possible), putting me even further in anxiety and a number of drunks walked past ranting and raving like you would expect on a Saturday night. Think i maybe slept 2 hours at most. 

Similar. I bought a new book specifically to read during my flights to and from Singapore next week. Now it looks like the trip will be cancelled. What am I supposed to do with this book?

ETA: trip has been cancelled so book now posted to Shotgun, c/o Merica. Should get there no bother.

Edited by Swarley

Toilet in my en suite is constantly flushing itself and had another poor night sleep as it woke me up at 3.

Is it a top flush or a side flush mechanism? If it's a top flush, mine sometimes sticks and I have to unscrew it and take the lid of the cistern off to free the arm.

It's a top flush - I actually remember the same thing happening with the other toilet - just starts flushing slowly but constantly and the noise is annoying as f**k. I'm not sure exactly what you are describing but it sounds like last time and I can't remember how the situation was resolved!

It's a top flush - I actually remember the same thing happening with the other toilet - just starts flushing slowly but constantly and the noise is annoying as f**k. I'm not sure exactly what you are describing but it sounds like last time and I can't remember how the situation was resolved!

Isolate the cistern and replace the flush or alternatively call a plumber.

Isolate the cistern and replace the flush or alternatively call a plumber.

Call the c**t who put it in in the 1st place.

Unless it's Throbs fault for pushing it too hard?

Throb do you flush with your sock hand?

Grimbo

Take the cistern lid off...look inside for a while like you'd do with the hood if you're car was making a noise. Then call a plumber.

Alternatively, off with the cistern lid...see where the waters flowing from and jiggle things around a bit. Flush again. Then call a plumber.

Or you could just call a plumber.

I don't need to call a plumber - we have a 5 year guarantee as its a new flat. The most important thing at the time was to cut the supply off so it wasn't keeping me up last night but it took ages to find the screwdriver and then it was very awkward to get to the screw that turned the supply off. A friend of mine fixed it last time and it was pretty routine stuff, i just never paid attention to what he did and can't remember if he used a spare part or if it was adjusting something. 

Will get it sorted anyway so thanks for the advice - My main issue was it ruined my sleep when i haven't been sleeping well of late hence why i put it in this thread!  :)