First World Problems

Criminal to think how much fresh water wasted when flushing a toilet.

In the Philippines most toilets don't have any working flush - bucket of water for that job. Being from Dundee, I use a proper flushing toilet, of course.

All water used in this country is purified to drinking water standards, yet a tiny fraction is used for drinking or preparing food. It would be more cost effective to purify it to a lower standard, suitable for bathing, etc., and give everyone free bottled water for drinking and food preparation. However most folk would find this culturally unacceptable IMO.

Shouldn't be long to wait though - due to time differences, it could arrive before he sent it.

Yes but remember, Australians celebrate Christmas in the middle of summer so that'll be coming up soon.. It'll get held up amongst all the cards, letters to Santa and postal orders from Grandmas.

All water used in this country is purified to drinking water standards, yet a tiny fraction is used for drinking or preparing food. It would be more cost effective to purify it to a lower standard, suitable for bathing, etc., and give everyone free bottled water for drinking and food preparation. However most folk would find this culturally unacceptable IMO.

Go on, then. Give us your figures and we'll think about it.

Swarley's in Australia while I'm in the USA. Two completely different postal systems, I'm afraid. Thanks though.

We have this service called Air Mail though. A big metal thing called a plane flies (yes like a bird) letters and parcels all over the World even the United States of Merica. Book should be with you by June. Enjoy

We have this service called Air Mail though. A big metal thing called a plane flies (yes like a bird) letters and parcels all over the World even the United States of Merica. Book should be with you by June. Enjoy

Witchcraft!

Better still, follow the model used in most Asian countries - next to no purification of tap water, charge a fortune for it anyway and then sell bottled water for cooking/drinking. Gotta make a buck somewhere...or everywhere.

f**k that; they'll still stick it on a boat if you ask them nicely. It'll take about six months and almost certainly won't arrive, but they'll certainly charge you for it.

Best part is that it only costs about 10p less than Airmail. Result!   :huh:

36-24-36

GD's getting on a bit for the old reconstructive surgery, I think.

Still...wid   :ph34r:

Better still, follow the model used in most Asian countries - next to no purification of tap water, charge a fortune for it anyway and then sell bottled water for cooking/drinking. Gotta make a buck somewhere...or everywhere.

Not far off Coca Cola's Dasani approach: just stick some tap water from Kent through a basic filter, bottle it and sell it on at about a pound a bottle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3523303.stm

Edited by Hedgecutter

Bin sat ootside her works in the car listening to Timi Yuro cd & she's taking that long to get off her fudge that the car as turned the cd off. Am sat in silence except for wind & passing traffic.

They wouldn't put up with this kind of shit in Ethiopia.

Grimbo

Similar. I bought a new book specifically to read during my flights to and from Singapore next week. Now it looks like the trip will be cancelled. What am I supposed to do with this book?

ETA: trip has been cancelled so book now posted to Shotgun, c/o Merica. Should get there no bother.

Still waiting. Could you type out the first few chapters from memory so I have something to read in the meantime? Thanks.

Still waiting. Could you type out the first few chapters from memory so I have something to read in the meantime? Thanks.

"...she was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock..."

"...she was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock..."

You really aren't helping yourself against the accusations of beastism here Dave.

< Insert easy lay up joke about Throbber having her other sock >