The Staggies v The Mirren = The Final Curtain...?

Haha, short-lived joy as the realisation dawns that you may well beat us next week.

Your home form is as bad as our away form.

Anything could happen.

Certainly mixes it up a bit, especially as Killie and Ross County play each other last game of season.

Going by reports it sounded like we were very fortunate today. Motherwell dismantled us with ease at Fir Park, I'd be surprised if you's don't win next week, especially if Teale insists on playing guys like Gow and Wylde who surely won't be with us next season.

It does mix it up right enough. Could be a huge blow to County, all of a sudden the momentum seems to be with Motherwell.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need Thistle and Hamilton to do us a favour and not lose next week.

We need to beat St Mirren and I suspect that will be more challenging after today and the fact that with little to play for, the shackles will come off.

All I wanted is to go into the final game - with County and Killie knowing one of them need to win if we beat Thistle. No dodgy draws

Thanks St Mirren :wub:

Now lie down next week - as you would all rather it went to a final day decider

As much as I dislike Teale as a manager, results like this and the Killie one make me wonder if we could have shitfested our way to yet another survival if we'd pulled the trigger on auld pishy breeks quicker.

We should have pulled the trigger on the decrepit tube quicker regardless, Jim Murphy could have done a better job than him FFS.

Ugh, what the f**k have we done?! Wasn't there today but, no offence to St Mirren fans, we should be beating a team already relegated when we could have all but secured our top flight status. It's still in our hands but next week is a must win.

This was one of these "what the feck?"days. All over them go a goal up, settle down, long range shot takes a deflection and shit happens. Keep piling on the pressure, plenty of chances then a break upfield, keeper takes a flakey, penalty, 10 men 5 minutes to go and we lose what should have been an easy win. Not much more to be said....

Lost for words. Never seen us lose a game we've dominated that much ever. Brown didn't have a save to make all day. One unfortunate deflection, then a stupid rush out to get himself sent off and that's all he saw all day. Just one of those days where luck wasn't on our side. Boyce should have at least had a hattrick.

Well that was daylight robbery. I lost count of the number of chances County created, particularly those that fell to Boyce, and County laid siege to the St Mirren goal for 90 minutes. In turn, we played poorly, struggled to string two passes together in the first half and relied on our fair share of luck, and a great deal of bravery in fairness to keep County at bay.

At 1-1 County were nailed on to win it. A draw would've been an insult to their dominance and had they won it would have been fully deserved. Then we break up the park and score a penalty. I would be seething if I were a Staggie. One of our poorer technical performances, if one of our bravest, of the season yet we've absolutely dominated teams throughout the season and undeservedly lost - see my sig for further details.

It just isn't fair, but it's just so St Mirren.

Well that was daylight robbery.

Daylight robbery indeed, however, this unexpected result puts County back in the mix for the play off spot. I can only pray that Hamilton commit a similar smash and grab in Dingwall next week and we can get a result against St.Mirren.

Daylight robbery indeed, however, this unexpected result puts County back in the mix for the play off spot. I can only pray that Hamilton commit a similar smash and grab in Dingwall next week and we can get a result against St.Mirren.

You're in good shape for at least a point as we've failed to get back-to-back wins all season. Think we've also faired to score against you - well a goal that the officials allowed anyway.

Archived