The 56 in Westminster!

So they may spend £50,000 rather than £70,000 makes no difference,its still tax payers money,expenses should be scraped.

And no one scraped the expenses like the ex Labour MPs!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they may spend £50,000 rather than £70,000 makes no difference,its still tax payers money,expenses should be scraped.

Jesus. Your one chance to give credit where credit is due and you blew it.

Oh Kev :(

Great input as always. Why not pop off and spend some time on your pretend degree?

I'm finished now, champ.

Better luck next time. greggy.png

Jesus. Your one chance to give credit where credit is due and you blew it.

Oh Kev :(

credit for what ? spending tax payers money on rent/mortgage,tax payers money on refurbishing the building etc,like I said above all expenses for all mps should be banned,

Ignoring Kev's mewlings. here's some chat from the #ladz

Dr Paul Monaghan MP@_PaulMonaghan

We waited 307 years for Westminster but it took the #SNP56 just 12 days to form the Scottish Rural Economic and Social Affairs Group.
Drew Hendry MP@drewhendrySNP50 mins50 minutes ago

Checking the office clock before getting in for an early start on swearing in day. pic.twitter.com/Gex16QyMfW

CFbk-U7W0AATMld.jpg
Pete Wishart@PeteWishart1 hr1 hour ago

As Labour start to abandon key anti-austerity GE pledges thank goodness Scotland has a real opposition at Westminster. #SNP56

Alex Salmond@AlexSalmond9 hrs9 hours ago

It was a great privilege to be sworn in as MP for Gordon earlier today in the Scottish manner

Angus B MacNeil MP@AngusMacNeilSNP15 hrs15 hours ago

So just swore my oath in 2 of the older languages of the islands off Britain amd also in English #ScottishG #IrishG #Beurla

credit for what ? spending tax payers money on rent/mortgage,tax payers money on refurbishing the building etc,like I said above all expenses for all mps should be banned,

I really don't think you have a clue why these payments are made and what they are for.

Expenses are a necessary part of Westminster life. It literally is impossible for anyone other than the very wealthy to be an MP without them.

The problem comes when devious b*****ds try to screw the system.

All this SNP & SNP supporter posturing reminds me of a wound-up set of away football fans offering square goes to a slightly oblivious opposing set of home football fans while separated by a 20 foot fence and a line of police.

Once the fence is down and the police scarpered we'll no doubt see the usual excuses and finger-pointing from both sides per win, loss, scandal and backtrack.

All this SNP & SNP supporter posturing reminds me of a wound-up set of away football fans offering square goes to a slightly oblivious opposing set of home football fans while separated by a 20 foot fence and a line of police.

Once the fence is down and the police scarpered we'll no doubt see the usual excuses and finger-pointing from both sides per win, loss, scandal and backtrack.

post-3493-14321106812949_thumb.jpg

I really don't think you have a clue why these payments are made and what they are for.

Expenses are a necessary part of Westminster life. It literally is impossible for anyone other than the very wealthy to be an MP without them.

The problem comes when devious b*****ds try to screw the system.

Yes expenses are necessary but when hard working people with families on low wages see the mps claiming for "luxury items" it shows them to out of touch and a slap in the face to the public.

John Nicolson and Ken Clarke had a bit of a chat just there whilst waiting to swear in. Nicolson told Clarke he had interviewed him before and then spent an age trying to explain who he was.

"I'm the new Jo Swinson"

*Blank face*

"East Dumbartonshire"

*Blank face*

"I'm SNP"

"Ah right, I imagine I'll be seeing a lot of them"

I really need to find something to do...

Are they asked to swear am oath of allegiance to queen Elizabeth the second of Great Britain? Are they entitled to ask who queen Elizabeth the first of Great Britain was? Is the oath void if there is no such person as queen Elizabeth the second of Great Britain?

Are they asked to swear am oath of allegiance to queen Elizabeth the second of Great Britain? Are they entitled to ask who queen Elizabeth the first of Great Britain was? Is the oath void if there is no such person as queen Elizabeth the second of Great Britain?

I think they just say "Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth"

I think that is why they just gie an oath tae Mrs Windsor.

Ye could imagine if it wis tae Liz II oor Eck and mony ithers wid hae queried that.

Archived