Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The person they put in front of cameras this morning to defend Corbyns position on this was McDonell, a man in the public mind associated with Provisional IRA support. Its a politics that works well for young urban liberals but will have little traction traditional Labour heartlands that tend to be pretty socially conservative and go with Labour for economic reasons.

Well no - "the public" really couldn't give a shit about the Failed Statelet or any of its cretinous politics. The reasons why the Labour Party are tanking have far more recent and blatantly obvious causes, rather than the electorate thumbing through their Missus Bunfield guides to The Troubles to conclude that they're an omnishambles.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why it would come as a shock to an OF fan to learn that the vast majority of the UK electorate doesn't actually share their endless fixations with Ireland, Norn Ireland, sectarianism and terrorism. And so... here we are.

I can see why it would come as a shock to an OF fan to learn that the vast majority of the UK electorate doesn't actually share their endless fixations with Ireland, Norn Ireland, sectarianism and terrorism. And so... here we are.

I'd never even heard of McDonnell before he came to prominence in recent months. Does anyone under the age of thirty outside NI give a shit about what an old man said or thought decades ago, when the reality is that Labour is simply a sack of rabid, seething rats in the here and now? There is zero reason to vote for them - they're a farce without even knowing about ancient (in political terms) shite about a backwards-looking region of Windsor-fetishists.

I'd never even heard of McDonnell before he came to prominence in recent months.

No one heard of David Cameron before he ran for the top Tory job.

Funny how reaching top jobs in politics bring more scrutiny to your opinions.

If you were to have sat down on September 20th 2014 and wrote out a list of bad things you would like to see happen to Labour after their toadying to the Tories in the Referendum campaign, I doubt you'd have got close to the current level of clusterfuck.

There's been bad news almost every day.

Isn't it great?

:lol:

As I've said on here before, a good few months out from the referendum, I was told it wasn't happening and that the consolation prize would be to give labour a severe kicking. Like others, I'm 'astonished' at the way that labour have collapsed, it's a great consolation prize

:D

The meeja meltdown over these insignificant resignations, and their on-going obsession with Corbyn's leadership is starting to do my head in.

Got a strange sneaky suspicion that this topic might, just might, get a mention on Question Time tomorrow night.

As I've said on here before, a good few months out from the referendum, I was told it wasn't happening and that the consolation prize would be to give labour a severe kicking. Like others, I'm 'astonished' at the way that labour have collapsed, it's a great consolation prize

:D

Of course the corollary to that is the real possibility of three or four consecutive wins for the Tories in the UK Parliamentary elections.

I only hope that at the end of the whole process a genuine left-of-centre alternative emerges and I'm not sure it will.

Of course the corollary to that is the real possibility of three or four consecutive wins for the Tories in the UK Parliamentary elections.

I only hope that at the end of the whole process a genuine left-of-centre alternative emerges and I'm not sure it will.

It will in an independent Scotland though

I don't really care about McDonnells past views on the IRA, I worry about his performance now. He's utterly unbelievable even for a politician. Some of his interviews today have been embarrassing.

I don't really care about McDonnells past views on the IRA, I worry about his performance now. He's utterly unbelievable even for a politician. Some of his interviews today have been embarrassing.

I think you mean, "embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing".

Nobody quit overnight?Anyway i hadn't realised that some of these no marks resignations were done live on tv/radio which is shocking behaviour and screams of "look at me" Some of these halfwits need to get through there skulls that they are chosen to represent there constituents not there self scheming games.Id chuck them out of the party

I'm no labour fan boy. But the media vandetta against corbyn is atrocious. All day the BBC pushed the narrative that dugher was sacked as a result of his views on terrorists. At no point was any effort made to point out the fact that people still remain on the labour front benches who share the exact same view. At no point was the counter argument made that dugher was sacked for being a halfwit towards his boss, as most people would be.

As for McDonnell and the quality of his interviews. I just think he finds it tiresome trying to communicate with a media network that is inevitably going to twist and take out of context anything that he says. So he's better off saying less rather than more.

I don't think it's that he's tiresome of interviews. He was the same in Question Time. Like a used car salesmen and I just struggle to believe a word coming out of his mouth. Corbyn comes across as pretty genuine, however bad of a job he's doing but McDonnell just seems like he's trying to troll people or fool them.

Just like yes were going to win the referendum :lol:

Shut it Tory boy.

There's only one thing that's going to be inevitable in Scotland with an unelectable Labour paving the way for Tory rule for a generation.

It starts with "i" and ends with "ndependence".

:)

Archived