Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

Hope I have got this right. You want to use the existing visa system to regulate immigration. The one that is already working an open door policy in your opinion. This is the same visa system that will suddenly reverse this open door policy when it will be working harder when it has to deal with EU Migrants as well. Simple analogy I know but that makes no sense.

Nope, rip it up and start again.

At the moment it is a chaotic mess,

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a totally new visa process and ifrastructure. How will that work?

No idea, that is one of the reason governments are elected for.

I would imagine though a process though would be setup so as skilled English speaking workers who had a job lined up in the country would be able to enter and live in the country fairly easily whereas someone with no discernible skills or who had a criminal record would be stopped, turned around and told to try their luck elsewhere.

So the system that is in place now then.

No, because you have town centers infested with Balkan beggars, how are they getting through immigration when quite clearly they have nothing to offer the country.

There are many, many non English speaking low skilled people entering the Uk from places that are not in the EU or even countries that would make them refugees.

Net migration of 336000, do you really believe that is sustainable.

because its a rich country..

if UKIP win 2 .. then yay ;p

so we have 2.2 split across Europe , i wonder how many of those are low paid workers.. meanwhile we had much more then 2.2 million come here on one small island

A lot more from a lot more countries.

Do you think there are more than 1m Spanish people in the UK? If so how much more?

I'm sure the Spanish government are raging about the one million auld British duffers splurging their retirement dough and pensions in Spain whilst those lucky Brits get bus loads of skint low skilled refugees from halfway accross the planet that the lucky taxpayer gets to pay for.

No, because you have town centers infested with Balkan beggars, how are they getting through immigration when quite clearly they have nothing to offer the country.

There are many, many non English speaking low skilled people entering the Uk from places that are not in the EU or even countries that would make them refugees.

Net migration of 336000, do you really believe that is sustainable.

So the visa system thats failing now will work better with a greater workload.

Over what timescale are we judging this sustainability?

So the visa system thats failing now will work better with a greater workload.

Over what timescale are we judging this sustainability?

Greater workload?, due to us being seen as a soft touch that is why so many come to UK, if we start clamping down hard they are less likely to want to come here as they wont get in so easily.

It is pretty simple, you dont go to a party to which you are not invited.

336000 net migration, do you think this is sustainable?

Greater workload?, due to us being seen as a soft touch that is why so many come to UK, if we start clamping down hard they are less likely to want to come here as they wont get in so easily.

Am I too late to say f**k off?

Why don't you just start an Immigration thread instead spamming every topic you go on?

The criterion you have set is already in place. You interpret it as an open door policy. Add to it EU Migrants requiring visas thus a greater workload on this failing system.

Has net migration been at that level for the last five, ten, fifteen or twenty years? Is it going to be the same over the following decades? Even you must answer no to that. So making a decision over what has happened in the last few years only is misguided. I won't see my pension till I'm 65/67 already for example so we need to attract migrants at greater level for the short term at least.

Of course we need migrants, I have never said we didnt but come on, we are a small island country. Net migration has been over 200k for over 10 years now except for one year.

It is now over 300k and with half of Africa and the Middle East now turning up on Europe's doorstep is only going to get higher.

Of course we need migrants, I have never said we didnt but come on, we are a small island country. Net migration has been over 200k for over 10 years now except for one year.

It is now over 300k and with half of Africa and the Middle East now turning up on Europe's doorstep is only going to get higher.

Generalisations like this speak volumes.

Archived