Escalator etiquette

Escalator etiquette  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon brain surgery would be harder than rocket science for a start. Rocket science is ultimately just the learning and application of agreed truths of physics - bet you brain surgery would be dead fiddly...

Both easier than choosing a side on an escalator depending on leg movements

That horrible moment when the up escalator isn't working and you realise your gonnae have to do it old school

First World Problems thread for this pish.

The bigger stairs on a broken escalator when compared to normal stairs is a fucking pain by the way.

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

It was those very escalators where I started the practice (the ones leading down from the Pancake Place to where the extension was put in).

That's the ones. Did you ever notice the dodgy mosaic on the wall was meant to represent the change of seasons?

The anonymous door next to Pancake Place was the entrance to the nerve centre of the Kingsgate.

That's the ones. Did you ever notice the dodgy mosaic on the wall was meant to represent the change of seasons?

The anonymous door next to Pancake Place was the entrance to the nerve centre of the Kingsgate.

I never noticed that. It's too late now as it's gone I believe.

I assume you'd been through that door many times. It must be like a shopping centre Narnia

If there is enough space in terms of width, you stand on the right, you walk on the left.

EDIT: b*****d beaten to it.

If yer standing then stand on the right hand side. If yer walking then walk up the left hand side. Hardly rocket science

Every escalator should have a trapdoor installed at the top. Whenever anyone stands still on it for more than say, 0.5 seconds, it will open and drop them into the acid bath below. Then it will automatically close and allow the productive members of society to go on about their day.

A huge amount of man hours of invention, engineering and labour, never mind money, have gone into providing a means for you to rest your weary legs, check your phone, read the paper, quick rumble in your pockets or whatever, and you insist on barging your way past people using it correctly. Shame on you all.

The system of standing to the right and walking to the left is great in principle, but it never survives contact with the pair of middle-aged boots who can't miss out on another ten seconds standing abreast talking pish at each other.

Wouldn't be surprised if Central Station actually employ some to do that.

I'm actually not too bad on escalators, generally just walk. Revolving doors on the other hand... I never seem to be able to judge if there is enough space for me to go in "beside someone" as it were.. Couple of awkward encounters over the years tbh

I'm actually not too bad on escalators, generally just walk. Revolving doors on the other hand... I never seem to be able to judge if there is enough space for me to go in "beside someone" as it were.. Couple of awkward encounters over the years tbh

I always play it safe and wait til there's a free space on my tod

A huge amount of man hours of invention, engineering and labour, never mind money, have gone into providing a means for you to rest your weary legs, check your phone, read the paper, quick rumble in your pockets or whatever, and you insist on barging your way past people using it correctly. Shame on you all.

You missed 'rolling a fag'. I regularly go from Marylebone to Chancery Lane Stand on the right, as God intended, and can have a decent cigarette rolled by the time the escalator gets to the top.

Archived