Gideon's All Singing, All Dancing Budget. 8th July

I'm Brian

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say what you want about what a bunch of c***s the Tories are but credit where it's due, they're fucking good at the political game. Osborne and Cameron have mugged off Labour at every single opportunity they've had. It's entirely Labour's fault for being so generally terrible and in this case, having such a weaksauce meh manifesto that the Tories can pick their pocket and leave them with their mouths open. I thought this the day after the election and I think it even more now, Labour are in big trouble for a long time.

This group of Tories are shrewd operators and aren't going through a seemingly unsolvable identity crisis. They'll be pishing over Labour for years to come.

Most people don't have luxury of having fcuking savings, it's about time the UK residents were all in it together.

Aye, that's the game, dip the pockets of those who have worked their socks off for years and manage to salt a few quid away (that they've already paid tax on) to enjoy in their well earned retirement. Seems fair!

Say what you want about what a bunch of c***s the Tories are but credit where it's due, they're fucking good at the political game. Osborne and Cameron have mugged off Labour at every single opportunity they've had. It's entirely Labour's fault for being so generally terrible and in this case, having such a weaksauce meh manifesto that the Tories can pick their pocket and leave them with their mouths open. I thought this the day after the election and I think it even more now, Labour are in big trouble for a long time.

This group of Tories are shrewd operators and aren't going through a seemingly unsolvable identity crisis. They'll be pishing over Labour for years to come.

As much as I detest the Tories, I'm quite enjoying the death of Labour who tried and failed at actually being the Tories. Their "leadership" candidates are all utterly uninspiring to boot.

f**k them.

As much as I detest the Tories, I'm quite enjoying the death of Labour who tried and failed at actually being the Tories. Their "leadership" candidates are all utterly uninspiring to boot.

f**k them.

Spot on.

They've put themself in a terrible position and much as I dislike the Tories, it's glorious watching Labour in complete disarray.

Aye, that's the game, dip the pockets of those who have worked their socks off for years and manage to salt a few quid away (that they've already paid tax on) to enjoy in their well earned retirement. Seems fair!

AyrMoron - a monkey with a calculator would make a better economist.

There was a guy on my facebook having a rant at no voters for the price of fuel compared to dubai and abu dhabi

:lol:

The Nat seethe contingent are tremendous entertainment. I'm surprised No voters aren't also to blame for Greece's problems.

Are you saying all old people who have savings are no voters?

In any case the drop in the real value of savings has been going on a lot longer than the past year.

Are you saying all old people have savings and have contributed to the state?

Pensioners have lost out big time due to low interest rates and almost minimal returns on savings.

Aaaw poor old dears bank accounts aren't growing as fast as they used to.

When the country is on its arse and the poor are suffering for the mistakes of the rich, the last thing any sensible government should be worried about is the interest rates of fucking savings accounts!

Worry about those who don't have the luxury of a wee money stockpile before worrying about those that do.

Aaaw poor old dears bank accounts aren't growing as fast as they used to.

When the country is on its arse and the poor are suffering for the mistakes of the rich, the last thing any sensible government should be worried about is the interest rates of fucking savings accounts!

Worry about those who don't have the luxury of a wee money stockpile before worrying about those that do.

all good points. Saving money is a complete waste of time

Most haven't paid enough tax for the benefits that they received and continue to receive.

You really are one nasty ignorant piece of work.

We are talking about folk who have worked all their lives, and put some money away for when they retire, to see their savings reduce in real terms.

But that's okay in Fido Chakademus's world.

I repeat. f**k em.

How many sweet old ladies alive today do you think have a lifetime of NI contributions behind them?

I repeat. f**k em.

How many sweet old ladies alive today do you think have a lifetime of NI contributions behind them?

It must be a generational thing but in my experience most folk try to make some kind of savings be it a low-interest savings account or an assurance policy with the Pru. We are not talking about folk that are super-rich but who worked most of their lives and wanted to put a little aside for their retirement.

What we are really seeing here is demonisation of a whole group in society because a majority of them didn't vote for your pet project.

In Fide's world:

Old codgers = Unionist traitors who deserve nothing

Scheme-goblins = Nationalist heroes who deserve to have everything

It's a lot more complicated than your simplistic pish but then you are the clown prince of simplistic pish.

Most haven't paid enough tax for the benefits that they received and continue to receive.

Really?

Got any evidence to support this claim.

Archived