Motherwell vs Partick Thistle - last day non drama

This will have a bit of a strange feel to it- can't imagine Motherwell will want to take many risks with players potentially getting injured or suspended, and we can't finish anywhere but 8th so the players are playing only for pride or win bonuses.

Also, now QoS are out I actually want Motherwell to stay up! We'll know how they are playing by kick off as the 2nd leg of Hibs vs Sevco starts at 12. Still imagine there'll be a few "going down" chants aimed at the drumming section.

Anyway, is there such a thing as a Motherwell pre-match pub crawl or are there only a couple of suitable boozers? We'll probably want to watch the second half of that game at least. Heard yesterday the social club at the ground had shut down as well, which lessens that number even further.

Trains are back on from Glasgow but only via Whifflet which takes a bit longer.

Almost certainly the last appearance in a Thistle shirt for O'Donnell, Higgy and a few others, and our only remaining chance to win a competitive game in our away kit since 2012.

And I can't wait for the pre-match poster obvs.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a few decent pubs in Motherwell for a pre and post match pint, namely the Electric, Jack Daniels or New Century Bar. All are good on matchdays.

As for the game, I reckon a turgid 1-1 draw in front of a crowd of less than 2,000.

I'm glad it's both teams with nothing to play for rather than us vs a fired up Motherwell still fighting for their survival, as we'd have no doubt lost.

Hopefully it's a sunny day, an open game, and 90 mins of taunting the Well about relegation while actually hoping they pump Sevco and stay up.

How come some of the younger players aren't allowed to play for us? It would have been good to see Scully, Lindsay, Keenan, Wilson, McDaid, Duggan and potentially even Nisbet. If i'm correct only Wilson and Mcdaid can play out of that list?

Lowest home crowd of the season beckons.

Despite how dreadful we are, I can see us getting a win here as it is entirely meaningless.

2-0 home win to end an absolutely dismal season and give us a bit of false hope for our inevitable play off drubbing.

Only going for the party. Also haven't visited Fir Park since our first trip there last season.

Much like yesterday, who really gives a f**k about the result? Don't want a pumping but will just enjoy the spectacle. Gie McDaid a start plz Archie. Thnx.

I really cba going to this but it'll be the last time to give a round of applause to some of our promotion heroes. Don't really care about the 90 minutes of football prior to that.

It would be good for someone to provide a simple guide as to what's running, when and to where specifically for the football. I just had a look online and Scotrail's explanation of the engineering work is along the lines of "trains are going as far as Rutherglen but if you want to go further then get off at Dalmarnock and switch to a bus", but no mention of Whifflet other than with regard o trains to Cumbernauld.

C'mon Scotrail, you can do it.

This will have a bit of a strange feel to it- can't imagine Motherwell will want to take many risks with players potentially getting injured or suspended, and we can't finish anywhere but 8th so the players are playing only for pride or win bonuses.

Also, now QoS are out I actually want Motherwell to stay up! We'll know how they are playing by kick off as the 2nd leg of Hibs vs Sevco starts at 12. Still imagine there'll be a few "going down" chants aimed at the drumming section.

Anyway, is there such a thing as a Motherwell pre-match pub crawl or are there only a couple of suitable boozers? We'll probably want to watch the second half of that game at least. Heard yesterday the social club at the ground had shut down as well, which lessens that number even further.

Almost certainly the last appearance in a Thistle shirt for O'Donnell, Higgy and a few others, and our only remaining chance to win a competitive game in our away kit since 2012.

And I can't wait for the pre-match poster obvs.

We will be in the Electric before and after the game, but be warned, it is frequented by plenty Sevco supporters. Probably 70/30 ratio Well/Sevco. Put it this way, you don't see much green in the pub!! It's right beside Airbles train station.

Can't imagine Motherwell playing anything other than a reserve team, so that they have no injuries or suspensions for their cup final. Hopefully will mean a half decent result to finish the season on. Would have young Wilson on from the start and Abs back as well as he gives a bit of protection to our back 4 who were thrown about like a rag doll by Magennis on Saturday

Can't imagine Motherwell playing anything other than a reserve team, so that they have no injuries or suspensions for their cup final. Hopefully will mean a half decent result to finish the season on. Would have young Wilson on from the start and Abs back as well as he gives a bit of protection to our back 4 who were thrown about like a rag doll by Magennis on Saturday

Think someone had said Abdul was one yellow away from a suspension which would carry into next season? I wouldn't expect to see him in this game, more likely we'll see Fraser and Bannigan continue with maybe Wilson ahead of them? Where does he actually play? I'm sure he was playing centre midfield when I first saw him play against Hibs last season but now seems to be some kind of winger/attacking midfielder. I'd play him anyway, and give McDaid a run out too.

Wish I hadn't bought that 3 game ticket package we put on, really can't be arsed with this.

Think there'll be a few changes and we'll leave out a few guys who seems to be struggling with niggling injuries. Probably be without Pearson, Hammell or Johnson. Unfortunately Long seems to be on one of those "if he's fit, he plays" loan deals so he'll be flapping around our penalty area for 90 minutes. Would probably bring Moore in to play the McDonald role.

3-0 Partick, attendance 3,212

Think someone had said Abdul was one yellow away from a suspension which would carry into next season? I wouldn't expect to see him in this game.

It's a joke that these things are carried forward to the following season. Should be wiped when the season ends, unless it's a ban for something like Stevie Lawless is gonna get this week!! Not sure about Fraser starting on Saturday. Shaggy was livid when he headed towards the dressing rooms after getting subbed on Saturday. Lots of finger pointing from Shaggy towards him when he got back into the dug out. Don't know what Fraser was complaining about, he was rank on Saturday. He is one guy that needs to get his head screwed on and try and get back to something like the form he showed last season.

It's a joke that these things are carried forward to the following season. Should be wiped when the season ends, unless it's a ban for something like Stevie Lawless is gonna get this week!! Not sure about Fraser starting on Saturday. Shaggy was livid when he headed towards the dressing rooms after getting subbed on Saturday. Lots of finger pointing from Shaggy towards him when he got back into the dug out. Don't know what Fraser was complaining about, he was rank on Saturday. He is one guy that needs to get his head screwed on and try and get back to something like the form he showed last season.

He's the one player that can do a fantastic rendition of looking completely without any fucks. It's quite majestic really. He's got the potential to be a really good player for us, but not with the sort of performance he's put in at times this season. Play him ahead of Bannigan and Osman? Not a chance.

Archived