Motherwell vs Partick Thistle - last day non drama

It's a joke that these things are carried forward to the following season. Should be wiped when the season ends, unless it's a ban for something like Stevie Lawless is gonna get this week!!

Can't say I agree with this. If the rule was scrapped then it'd encourage players to flat out cheat without any issue in important games. If this game was between two teams fighting for something important and a midfielder did a Suarez by punching the ball off the line, I'd sure as hell would want them rightly punished.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Wilson a start and McDaid if he's fit (he's not been on the bench recently?). This will, potentially, be our final goodbyes to: Fox, Balatoni, O'Donnell, Higginbotham and Taylor. It's gonna be emotional.

Wish I hadn't bought that 3 game ticket package we put on, really can't be arsed with this.

Think there'll be a few changes and we'll leave out a few guys who seems to be struggling with niggling injuries. Probably be without Pearson, Hammell or Johnson. Unfortunately Long seems to be on one of those "if he's fit, he plays" loan deals so he'll be flapping around our penalty area for 90 minutes. Would probably bring Moore in to play the McDonald role.

3-0 Partick, attendance 3,212

I think we need to look at resting as many as possible. Lasley, Pearson, Johnson, etc should all sit out as we need them to be fit and raring to go for the playoffs. Maybe try Grant in the middle along with a farewell appearance for Carswell who has been a decent player for the club. Ideally, we'd get a look at Twardzik, although it it highly unlikely. If Mcdonald is successful in the appeal, I would still have him sitting out this one given that there is nothing at stake..I'd be tempted to get 90 mins in for Sutton with Moore alongside and Dom Thomas should be a starter too....

Shelled out for hospitality for this one last week, thinking it would be the game where we sealed our great escape. Big lolz at me!

With two games in four days coming up, I'd rest the as many of the first team as possible

Twardzik

Watt Ramsden O'Brien Straker

Carswell Grant

Ainsworth Moore Thomas

Sutton

An entertaining match - Motherwell 2-3 Partick Thistle

Wonder whether their drummer will drown out the away fans whenever they start to sing again. Followed thereafter by accusations of away fans not contributing to the atmosphere.

I'm going to miss him next season. At least he'll have competition at Livi.

He's the one player that can do a fantastic rendition of looking completely without any fucks. It's quite majestic really. He's got the potential to be a really good player for us, but not with the sort of performance he's put in at times this season. Play him ahead of Bannigan and Osman? Not a chance.

He's a quality player and it's easy to forget he's only 20. He was unlucky with his injury early in the season when he was in great form then was kept out by Banzo, Osman and Stevenson. He'll be way off match fitness because of that, plus most of the team was pretty poor at the weekend so I wouldn't single him out.

I think Fraser is a better player than Bannigan was at the same age. I'd like to see him get a run in the team alongside Osman next season. I've no idea if anything really backs this up but I always felt the more attacking players got more space to play when Fraser was on the pitch as the opposition had to close him down more anywhere within 40 yards of goal whereas most of the time you'd need to give Bannigan the freedom of the opposition half to have a go.

Our home form has been decent recently but like others have said I'd heavily rotate for this game and keep people fresh for our playoff matches.

I'll probably go because the old season ticket but really can't be arsed

I will go along - because it is a home game and I have a season ticket - simples.

I would play a 2nd string to see if any can give Barraclown any selection headaches. Not worth the risk of a red or an injury.

So start with Twardzik, Dom Thomas, Craig Moore, Sutton, Carswell, Kerr, Ainsworth etc

Result is immaterial if it is a 2nd string - likely to be half and half though.

Folk beginning to weigh up £23 entrance fee against £23 worth of other stuff and coming to the conclusion that it might be a good idea for Motherwell to convince the waverers by cutting the price for the game. 200 at £23 or 300 at £15...?

Folk beginning to weigh up £23 entrance fee against £23 worth of other stuff and coming to the conclusion that it might be a good idea for Motherwell to convince the waverers by cutting the price for the game. 200 at £23 or 300 at £15...?

Bro do you even math?

Give Wilson a start and McDaid if he's fit (he's not been on the bench recently?). This will, potentially, be our final goodbyes to: Fox, Balatoni, O'Donnell, Higginbotham and Taylor. It's gonna be emotional.

You must be confident that Gallacher, Lawless and Craigen will sign new deals. I assume that Lindsay and Scully are not eligible.

Is that you Mhairi?

Archived