Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

Looked it as they lost to Middlesbrough....

I didn't see that game, but I saw the Sunderland game and he did well. Googled the player ratings for that match and the Manchester Evening News said this:

BOYATA

Spared his skipper’s blushes early on, and was perhaps the pick of a bad City performance - perhaps showing why Pellegrini preferred him to Nastasic. 7

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-0-middlesbrough-2-8511339

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see that game, but I saw the Sunderland game and he did well. Googled the player ratings for that match and the Manchester Evening News said this:

BOYATA

Spared his skipper’s blushes early on, and was perhaps the pick of a bad City performance - perhaps showing why Pellegrini preferred him to Nastasic. 7

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-0-middlesbrough-2-8511339

Do players literally just need to be loosely linked with Celtic for the unwashed hordes to leap to their defence?

Do players literally just need to be loosely linked with Celtic for the unwashed hordes to leap to their defence?

Great response, you just totally invalidated everything I said about Boyata. I feel embarassed now.

We don't really want to talk about this, do we? Off topic and all that :unsure:

I was listening to Radio Clyde a few nights ago on way home from work and Mark Burchill was on, someone mentioned Rafael Scheidt and he said how, although he was a nice guy and tried his best it was clear from only a few training sessions and a couple of bounce games the guy was never a professional footballer in a million years, utterly hopeless, it just reminded me of Amido Balde who, I'm sure a lot of people at the club would say likewise.

When he first arrived at Celtic and started occupying the subs bench I remember a home game where, at half time I was watching Danny McGrain put the subs through a drill where he was stood on the penalty spot and would throw the ball to him, Pukki, Stokes and the others roughly on the 18-yard line, where they would take a touch on their thigh or instep and then rattle a shot at Zaluska......each time it was the bold Amido's turn his 'control' resulted in the ball landing about eight fucking yards in front of him :lol: at that point I didnt know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that we had spent over a million pounds on this utter fucking dumpling!

Back on topic, the likes of Danny Wilson and Barry Douglas may not send shivers down the spine of Barca and Juve but we have to be realistic, we are a big fish in a very small pond and cant realistically attract top top players, even if we were to pay over the odds on wages (which we wont anyway) I get the impression that this is RD trying to get most of the best Scottish talent available, akin to the signings of GMS and Armstrong which is a market we can be the leader in. Will this type of signing be enough to qualify for the Champions League? Not on its own I dont think but we will probably see one, or maybe two bigger name signings, possibly on loan from an English side to supplement these.

So its almost that time of year again, who will come in and who will leave this summer?

Highly probable ins:

Danny Wilson (Hearts)

Dedryck Boyata (Man City)

Barry Douglas (Lech Poznan)

Speculation ins:

Jonathas (Pescara)

Miitchell Dijks (Willem II)

Good as gone:

Jason Denayer

Virgil Van Dijk

John Guidetti

Aleksander Tonev

Mubarak Wakaso

Gone if the price is right:

Teemu Pukki (Wants to go to La Liga by all accounts)

Stefan Scepovic (Rumblings that he wants away also)

Anthony Stokes

Adam Matthews

In demand but must keep:

Leigh Griffiths (Leeds have already been mentioned)

Nir Bitton

Stefan Johansen

Unsellable:

Derk Boreiggter (He's got a penis like a boa constrictor)

Amido Balde

According to the Evening Times, Leeds cannot afford the transfer fee for a player Celtic aren't interested in selling.........Scottish "sports journalism" at it's finest.

I was listening to Radio Clyde a few nights ago on way home from work and Mark Burchill was on, someone mentioned Rafael Scheidt and he said how, although he was a nice guy and tried his best it was clear from only a few training sessions and a couple of bounce games the guy was never a professional footballer in a million years, utterly hopeless, it just reminded me of Amido Balde who, I'm sure a lot of people at the club would say likewise.

When he first arrived at Celtic and started occupying the subs bench I remember a home game where, at half time I was watching Danny McGrain put the subs through a drill where he was stood on the penalty spot and would throw the ball to him, Pukki, Stokes and the others roughly on the 18-yard line, where they would take a touch on their thigh or instep and then rattle a shot at Zaluska......each time it was the bold Amido's turn his 'control' resulted in the ball landing about eight fucking yards in front of him :lol: at that point I didnt know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that we had spent over a million pounds on this utter fucking dumpling!

Back on topic, the likes of Danny Wilson and Barry Douglas may not send shivers down the spine of Barca and Juve but we have to be realistic, we are a big fish in a very small pond and cant realistically attract top top players, even if we were to pay over the odds on wages (which we wont anyway) I get the impression that this is RD trying to get most of the best Scottish talent available, akin to the signings of GMS and Armstrong which is a market we can be the leader in. Will this type of signing be enough to qualify for the Champions League? Not on its own I dont think but we will probably see one, or maybe two bigger name signings, possibly on loan from an English side to supplement these.

Quite negative about the Scottish game imo. It was the "best Scottish talent" that won the fucking European Cup!! Of course Scottish players can get you into the CL ffs!

Might take a couple of years mind :)

Virgil Van Dijk will go this summer if he has any aspirations of going to the Euro's with Holland. He's had two years - and should go with everyones best wishes. Playing against the dross of the SPFL is just stifling his development. I'd reckon Southampton will continue the tradition of raiding us for our better players for the standard £10million.

The defense is going to be a problem in Europe this year if the auditions we make aren't of the required standard.

Teemu Pukki

Derk Boerrighter

Mikael Lustig

Jo Inge Berget

Stefan Scepovic

Aleksandr Tonev

Mubarek Wakaso

Total League starts - 16

Average per player - 2.28

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to see what utter diddies they spend millions upon millions on to win the league by 15 points without any of them kicking a ball.

Teemu Pukki

Derk Boerrighter

Mikael Lustig

Jo Inge Berget

Stefan Scepovic

Aleksandr Tonev

Mubarek Wakaso

Total League starts - 16

Average per player - 2.28

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to see what utter diddies they spend millions upon millions on to win the league by 15 points without any of them kicking a ball.

Pukki - Out on loan.

Boerrigter - One of those utter diddies you speak of.

Lustig - C*nt of a season through injuries, best full back in Scotland.

Berget - Brought in on loan just boost to the squad, left in January. Other one of those diddies.

Scepovic - Jury's still out on him for me.

Tonev - Loan player for squad numbers. Racist diddy.

Wakaso - Another loan player, looked decent enough when given the chance.

So aye, hardly millions upon millions spent here.

Pukki - Out on loan.

Boerrigter - One of those utter diddies you speak of.

Lustig - C*nt of a season through injuries, best full back in Scotland.

Berget - Brought in on loan just boost to the squad, left in January. Other one of those diddies.

Scepovic - Jury's still out on him for me.

Tonev - Loan player for squad numbers. Racist diddy.

Wakaso - Another loan player, looked decent enough when given the chance.

So aye, hardly millions upon millions spent here.

I suppose you didn't pay these players any wages and that you know for a fact that no fee was involved with any of the loans?

Spending what you did on scepovic is reason enough to laugh - especially as Sparky was 3rd or 4th pick at the start of the season did to overpaid diddies like scepovic and guidetti.

Then you have the legal fees for Tonev probably amounting to more than a first team player at most premiership clubs.

I suppose you didn't pay these players any wages and that you know for a fact that no fee was involved with any of the loans?

Spending what you did on scepovic is reason enough to laugh - especially as Sparky was 3rd or 4th pick at the start of the season did to overpaid diddies like scepovic and guidetti.

Then you have the legal fees for Tonev probably amounting to more than a first team player at most premiership clubs.

We paid a percentage of their wages, and my understanding is no fee was paid as we had a future fee clause agreed should they impress. Hardly going to be millions upon millions.

Like I said, for me the jury is still out on Scepovic, and the overpaid diddy who kept Griffiths out the team at the time was on a dozen goals in ten games, Guidetti dropped form, Griffiths ended up back in the team. Not sure what you consider logic up in Dundee, but when you have a forward who's on a scoring streak which is pretty much a goal a game, you don't drop him. Thought that would be fairly obvious.

Denayer has pretty much confirmed on Twitter he won't be back

He said goodbye but I didn't read it that way - we all knew he was going back to Man City for pre-season so it'll be up to them where he'll be next year

Archived