Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know why Celtic are scrambling about for a centre half. I really think Stuart Findlay could fill that gap for you, perhaps not in Europe but definitely in the league. He's incredibly fast for a tall centre half and reads the game exceptionally well. I would hope if Deila is serious about developing young Scottish talent then he would save himself the cash and use Findlay instead.

Don't know why Celtic are scrambling about for a centre half. I really think Stuart Findlay could fill that gap for you, perhaps not in Europe but definitely in the league. He's incredibly fast for a tall centre half and reads the game exceptionally well. I would hope if Deila is serious about developing young Scottish talent then he would save himself the cash and use Findlay instead.

He probably needs to go on a loan somewhere at a different club. - I know he's been great for you but I'd love to see him get game time at a Premiership club next year if possible.

He probably needs to go on a loan somewhere at a different club. - I know he's been great for you but I'd love to see him get game time at a Premiership club next year if possible.

Why can't he play at the Premiership club he's contracted to?

If he's good enough I would expect Ronny to play him, he's not exactly shy about giving young players a chance.

Why can't he play at the Premiership club he's contracted to?

Because I don't think he's quite ready for the CL yet and I don't think he would get game time. He needs more experience at a club that's playing at a level between Celtic and Dumbarton. Lower half of the Premiership would be perfect I think

If he's good enough I would expect Ronny to play him, he's not exactly shy about giving young players a chance.

He's definitely good enough, hopefully you are right. If Ronny doesn't fancy him though we'll take him back.

Because I don't think he's quite ready for the CL yet and I don't think he would get game time. He needs more experience at a club that's playing at a level between Celtic and Dumbarton. Lower half of the Premiership would be perfect I think

I realise there's a big gap between Celtic and Dumbarton but Stuart wasn't playing at Dumbarton's level, he's a cut above that. I just think spending x amount on getting in another centre half is a waste when there is real talent there that should be used whenever possible.

I think possibly Findlay's biggest obstacle to any first team football at Celtic just now is the fact that he is behind another young centre back, Eoghan O'Connell, in the pecking order.

I think possibly Findlay's biggest obstacle to any first team football at Celtic just now is the fact that he is behind another young centre back, Eoghan O'Connell, in the pecking order.

Even better then, there's your two centre halves sorted.

Even better then, there's your two centre halves sorted

We won't qualify for anything in Europe with O'Connell-Findlay as centre halves. I watched the youth cup final against Rangers and they're nowhere near good enough. Findlay might make it one day but I'm not sure O'Connell ever will.

We won't qualify for anything in Europe with O'Connell-Findlay as centre halves. I watched the youth cup final against Rangers and they're nowhere near good enough. Findlay might make it one day but I'm not sure O'Connell ever will.

You won't know until you play them.

To be fair Celtic have produced and are still producing decent talent. It's the move to the first team that's a problem. Would celtic fans be content with being potentially dumped out of Europe for the next few seasons in order to develop their own players? Probably not, hence bringing in guys like VVD and Denayer to have a slight chance of competing. By the time they're let go, the aforementioned youngsters may be 22/23 and stagnated to the point of no return.

Tricky balance to find.

Celtic couldn't afford the transfer fee for Robertson.

Snodgrass will join in the summer.

Snoddy will have to get over his injury and play at Hull for at least half a season before anyone takes a chance on him but would like to see him at Celtic park,wages might be a stumbling block.

Archived