Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

Good, the clear oot of the duds has been exercised. Let's hope Mad Ronny signs who he knows will better the current squad of players.

I must say though, Ronny buying GMS & Armstrong from the Scottish Premiership rather than what we are used too with managers signing foreign unknowns who end up overpaid duds is most definitely refreshing.

Hopefully he brings back home to Scotland a few more Scottish players from the English leagues.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is willing to take a drop in wages.

There was loads of speculation about him joining Celts before the Hull move,now they're down might be different,as I say clubs might not want to touch him after such a long time out with bad injury,what kind of wage cut is another thing,he'd probably have to half his wage that he gets at Hull as days of big wages are done up here apart fae Broony.

There was loads of speculation about him joining Celts before the Hull move,now they're down might be different,as I say clubs might not want to touch him after such a long time out with bad injury,what kind of wage cut is another thing,he'd probably have to half his wage that he gets at Hull as days of big wages are done up here apart fae Broony.

He's desperate to come to Celtic apparently

So its almost that time of year again, who will come in and who will leave this summer?

Highly probable ins:

Danny Wilson (Hearts)

Dedryck Boyata (Man City)

Barry Douglas (Lech Poznan)

Speculation ins:

Jonathas (Pescara)

Miitchell Dijks (Willem II)

Good as gone:

Jason Denayer

Virgil Van Dijk

John Guidetti

Aleksander Tonev

Mubarak Wakaso

Gone if the price is right:

Teemu Pukki (Wants to go to La Liga by all accounts)

Stefan Scepovic (Rumblings that he wants away also)

Anthony Stokes

Adam Matthews

In demand but must keep:

Leigh Griffiths (Leeds have already been mentioned)

Nir Bitton

Stefan Johansen

Unsellable:

Derk Boreiggter (He's got a penis like a boa constrictor)

Amido Balde

I think we can definitely do better than Danny Wilson at centre half. Boyata would be a fantastic signing even though it would only be a loan deal and I wouldnt touch Douglas.

Denayer can leave all he wants IMO, suddenly thinks he's good enough to challenge for a spot in City's first team when he's far away from it. And I wouldnt take him for a 2nd loan spell either. Guidetti, Tonev & Wakaso wont be missed sorely I dont think.

I would let the following leave:

Van Dijk - Minimum £7m

Stokes - £1m

Matthews - £2m

Actively try and sell:

Ambrose - £1m

Forrest - £1m

Boeriggter - £500k-£1m

Balde - £1m

Pukki - £1m

We definitely need a centre half and possibly 2 if Van Dijk leaves and a decent centre forward. There must be a kitty there to spend between £2-3m in each position.

I really hope Celtic dont bother with Ciftci, really cant imagine him in a Celtic jersey myself. Still raging we didnt go for Stevie May when we had the chance, definitely think that boy would do brilliantly with some good coaching and being surrounded by good players.

There was talk in the paper today of Ronny possibly looking at a loan move for Odegaard, whilst I think that would be brilliant I cant see it myself.

Is Zaluska's contract up this summer? If so I would let him go, decent back up keeper but free up his wages for someone else and let Fasan come in as number 2.

I really hope Celtic actually do invest in the squad during the summer, it should give us a fighting chance of getting into the Champions League and should ensure that we dominate the SPFL for the forseeable future. Some may say that thats already a given but if we put better players in the squad it'll make it even more likely.

I really hope Celtic actually do invest in the squad during the summer, it should give us a fighting chance of getting into the Champions League and should ensure that we dominate the SPFL for the forseeable future. Some may say that thats already a given but if we put better players in the squad it'll make it even more likely.

Agree with your list of 'GTF's'. I would however keep hold of Forrest and Zaluska until which time we have suitable replacements.

As much as Forrest can be frustrating, we don't have someone with that pace or ability to drift past players to create space. That's where we'll fall short in the CL, we're far too square and can't break down a well organised squad. Lack of firepower up-front adds to our inability kill off opposition.

Pukki - Out on loan.

Boerrigter - One of those utter diddies you speak of.

Lustig - C*nt of a season through injuries, best full back in Scotland.

Berget - Brought in on loan just boost to the squad, left in January. Other one of those diddies.

Scepovic - Jury's still out on him for me.

Tonev - Loan player for squad numbers. Racist diddy.

Wakaso - Another loan player, looked decent enough when given the chance.

So aye, hardly millions upon millions spent here.

Pukki - out on loan because he's a diddy - £3 million

Boerrigter - injured diddy - £3 million

Scepovic - you say jury's out but on this season you have to say diddy - £2.3 million

Berget, Tonev + Wakaso all loans but none have been anywhere near standard. Add the Tonev disgrace and it looks pretty grim.

Lustig - very good player, shite season, fair play has been decent signing, will leave him out

£8.3 million plus wages for six players (five and a half if Brondby are paying a bit of Pukki's) and its not been great for the foreign signings!

Armstrong and GMS have been so much better!

Pukki - out on loan because he's a diddy - £3 million

Boerrigter - injured diddy - £3 million

Scepovic - you say jury's out but on this season you have to say diddy - £2.3 million

Berget, Tonev + Wakaso all loans but none have been anywhere near standard. Add the Tonev disgrace and it looks pretty grim.

Lustig - very good player, shite season, fair play has been decent signing, will leave him out

£8.3 million plus wages for six players (five and a half if Brondby are paying a bit of Pukki's) and its not been great for the foreign signings!

Armstrong and GMS have been so much better!

Pukki - My point about Pukki being out on loan was down to how his lack of appearances this season was mentioned. Officially classed as an undisclosed transfer fee, but if you believe the chip wrappers anything between two million to three.

Boerrigter - His diddyness has already been covered. Again, officially it was undisclosed but don't think you'd be far from the three million.

Scepovic - Have to disagree with you on that.

Berget/Tonev/Wakaso - Like I said, all just brought in to boost squad numbers, Wakaso seemed decent enough I felt.

Lustig - Have to slightly disagree as I think he's been a great signing for us.

Not disputing that money has been spent with little return from certain players, I just think whoever it was who brought it up was getting far too excited about how "millions upon millions" were spent. Plus lets not forget Lennon is responsible for three of the seven here.

Agreed, I have been impressed with Armstrong and Mackay-Steven.

Who da thunk it - established quality Scottish Premiership players doing well in Scotland's best team.

Doesnt always work though, we've had some bad Scottish signings too. Willo Flood for instance

Archived