Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

Paul McMullan and Kieran Tierney coming to us on loan, apparently.

Any use?

Tierney is a top talent. Would you use him at left back or midfield? Good pace and capable of some wonderful crosses. McMullan is supposed to be good but I havent really paid attention to him so I dont have a personal opinion of him.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any use?

Tierney is meant to be decent, suprised hes going on loan which hopefully means we are signing another left back to give Izzy a boot up thearse.

Any use?

Paul McMullan is the most exciting player I've ever seen at Stenny. Loved him to pieces. Brilliant with the ball at his feet, direct, aggressive and a tremendous attitude. As Neilly says, he kept us up last year.

Really hope he does well at St Mirren. He's got a very decent chance.

Accoring to bbc gossip column were close to signing Mitchell Dijks, anybody know much about him. Izzy's been needing competition for his position since he turned up so hopefully this will kick him on at least.

Linked with Ciftci again, I wouldnt want to pay money for him to be honest, worth a punt maybe in a year when hes out of contract.

Also Biton saying hes wanting to stay, great news. I was afraid he was going to end up being like Crosas but he really has kicked on this year.

Accoring to bbc gossip column were close to signing Mitchell Dijks, anybody know much about him. Izzy's been needing competition for his position since he turned up so hopefully this will kick him on at least.

Linked with Ciftci again, I wouldnt want to pay money for him to be honest, worth a punt maybe in a year when hes out of contract.

Also Biton saying hes wanting to stay, great news. I was afraid he was going to end up being like Crosas but he really has kicked on this year.

Dijks wants to sign for Ajax, so he'll only come to us if Willem II and Ajax can't come to an agreement. Don't know much about him, has a bit of pace and is very tall for a full back. We need to get Bitton and Johansen on new contracts as soon as possible.

I'm not too sure about Boyata yet. Ronny must see something we don't in him ???

Hopefully he stays injury free for most of the season and has a real impact on the squad. Cheap player from Man City ffs ??? :lol:

Will Ronny fork out for some Scandinavian undiscovered talent he knows about ?

Happy about Stokes is loaned out to Hibernian :) In fact fucking delighted he has a chance to keep them fuckers from automatic promotion. :lol:

Come on Ronny, buy us a player or two to get our panties dripping ffs, been a long time since that feeling. Been used to who /, aw fucking naw man no him ?, mibees aye and mibees naw. Although buying emerging talent and punting them off for nearly £10 million a pop is good, I feel trying to hold onto them and pay the extra so the squad goes from strength to strength would have been better and possibly might do better in Europe because of it and would pay it's way.

Also does it matter who we get ?, we'll still win the league and most likely get embarrassed in Europe again :lol: , build a team for the domestic treble Ronny. :thumsup2

Being linked with Anya again today, think he'd be a great signing IMO. He'd fit into Deila's system and he's only got a year left on his contract, although I do think he'll probably want a shot at the EPL instead of coming up here

Van Dijk to Sunderland?

Id take the money in a second, as long as we re-invest some of it on a decent replacement

Strolls it up here but found to be less than convincing against even moderate opposition in Europe

Figures of £5m to £10m being mentioned in the papers, even allowing for the fact our journalists up here are sensationalist gobshites that is more than possible given the obscene amounts splashed out by EPL clubs for even average players.

To be honest a Sunderland/Crystal Palace/West Brom is about the level of club he is at, cant see one of the top six wanting him and, given that he wont need to worry about being cup tied id prefer we flogged him after the CL qualifiers

Supposedly you aren't getting any money for Van Dijk, you are however getting Steven Fletcher.

Fletcher would have to take a huge paycut to come back to Scotland, plus even if he was part of the Van Dijk deal Celtic would still be looking for around the £8m mark plus the player.

I'm not too sure about Boyata yet. Ronny must see something we don't in him ???

Hopefully he stays injury free for most of the season and has a real impact on the squad. Cheap player from Man City ffs ??? :lol:

Will Ronny fork out for some Scandinavian undiscovered talent he knows about ?

Happy about Stokes is loaned out to Hibernian :) In fact fucking delighted he has a chance to keep them fuckers from automatic promotion. :lol:

Come on Ronny, buy us a player or two to get our panties dripping ffs, been a long time since that feeling. Been used to who /, aw fucking naw man no him ?, mibees aye and mibees naw. Although buying emerging talent and punting them off for nearly £10 million a pop is good, I feel trying to hold onto them and pay the extra so the squad goes from strength to strength would have been better and possibly might do better in Europe because of it and would pay it's way.

Also does it matter who we get ?, we'll still win the league and most likely get embarrassed in Europe again :lol: , build a team for the domestic treble Ronny. :thumsup2

When did this happen? I thought he only had a year left on his contract, would be better punting him in that case.

Being linked with Anya again today, think he'd be a great signing IMO. He'd fit into Deila's system and he's only got a year left on his contract, although I do think he'll probably want a shot at the EPL instead of coming up here

I'd certainly take him, but like you say I doubt he'd swap his crack at the English Premier League for the Scottish League.

Id take the money in a second, as long as we re-invest some of it on a decent replacement

Strolls it up here but found to be less than convincing against even moderate opposition in Europe

Figures of £5m to £10m being mentioned in the papers, even allowing for the fact our journalists up here are sensationalist gobshites that is more than possible given the obscene amounts splashed out by EPL clubs for even average players.

To be honest a Sunderland/Crystal Palace/West Brom is about the level of club he is at, cant see one of the top six wanting him and, given that he wont need to worry about being cup tied id prefer we flogged him after the CL qualifiers

^^^^

This.

I rate the big man, certainly our best centre half for a few years, but he's hardly Baresi. He'll be a loss but he's not irreplaceable. I would be surprised if we got less that 7/8 million for him all the same.

Supposedly you aren't getting any money for Van Dijk, you are however getting Steven Fletcher.

I'd rather have the cash in all honesty.

Agree about fitting in to Deila's system and he can fill a couple of positions if required, if the 2 million price is correct that I'd seen its a no brainer for me.

RangersMedia will not like this one bit.

Apart from rampant bigotry and conspiracy theories, do the posters over there like anything? The ultimate permaseething forum.

Archived