Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Allan too?

He'd be worth it just for the seethe it would create from the orcs. Good backup for Brown and Bitton too

Anymore word about the 2 young boys that are meant to be joining us on loan from you lot?

Team Scotland ?, that'll help narrow down the team you support and which players you are asking about. :lol:

Anymore word about the 2 young boys that are meant to be joining us on loan from you lot?

Celtic players are back today so there probably be movement on that pretty soon if its happening although they could be used first in our early pre season games before being loaned out.

Tierney and McMullan to St. Mirren, you have to look very closely at his avatar ;) I heard they were going a couple of weeks ago, but havent heard anything since

Cheers Vbhoy, it didn't even register in my head to closely examine his avatar. :lol:

Just how many players will we loan out into the Championship division and when will it become a Lawwell conspiracy to keep them cheating bassas down in the Championship ? :lol::lol::lol:

We need to start getting some decent traction where a striker is concerned. Its the one place that 100% needs strengthening.

I pray and hope that Deila gets the nod to spend a decent amount of money to procure a name who will send defences into a panic before a ball is kicked.

We need a prolific goal scorer with a record of banging goals in European competitions, they won't come cheap but the board will need to sanction something out of the blue to show they have intent to qualify for the Champions League group stages where the gamble will pay off.

I pray and hope that Deila gets the nod to spend a decent amount of money to procure a name who will send defences into a panic before a ball is kicked.

We need a prolific goal scorer with a record of banging goals in European competitions, they won't come cheap but the board will need to sanction something out of the blue to show they have intent to qualify for the Champions League group stages where the gamble will pay off.

post-60682-14350846213825_thumb.jpg

According to the Daily Mail Lennon is interested in taking Forrest to Bolton. I would bite his hand off should any sort of 7 figure sum was offered. He has a year left on his contract, best to get shot of him and get some money in for him as well.

Celtic apparently close to signing young Man United right wingback Saidy Janko on a permanent deal, would probably mean Adam Matthews is on his way out with a move to QPR being rumoured

Can QPR afford to pay much for Matthews? They owe the Football League around £40 million in FFP fines from the 2013/14 season. Even with the parachute payments, they could be strapped for cash.

McNair and Varela are United's best right-back prospects. Varela was on loan at Real Madrid's reserve team last season. Janko must be surplus to requirements even though he impressed Lennon at Bolton.

Can QPR afford to pay much for Matthews? They owe the Football League around £40 million in FFP fines from the 2013/14 season. Even with the parachute payments, they could be strapped for cash.

McNair and Varela are United's best right-back prospects. Varela was on loan at Real Madrid's reserve team last season. Janko must be surplus to requirements even though he impressed Lennon at Bolton.

I don't think QPR would have to pay that large a fee with Matthews being in the last year of his deal, a figure of £1.8m is rumoured and that sounds a good deal considering he has dropped off the last couple of years with injuries

^ I'd be surprised if QPR can afford even £1.8 million as they are trying desperately to slash their Premier League wage bill. They have even re-signed Jamie Mackie who Forest released after his loan at Reading. He's not in the same class as Charlie Austin who will be sold this summer. They'll be lucky to avoid another relegation scrap. Is that what Matthews really wants, even for more money?

Signing players from Man City & Man Utd ?, what's going on here then ?, expensive duds or exciting new prospects that aren't deemed top 4 EPL club standard players by their respective clubs ?, I hope it's the latter.

Happy to see Ronny trawling the top EPL clubs for players rather than the unknowns from weaker leagues, I hope he knows what he is doing and is picking players he has identified as improving the current squad and making it into the Champions League.

Archived