Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

Signing players from Man City & Man Utd ?, what's going on here then ?, expensive duds or exciting new prospects that aren't deemed top 4 EPL club standard players by their respective clubs ?, I hope it's the latter.

Happy to see Ronny trawling the top EPL clubs for players rather than the unknowns from weaker leagues, I hope he knows what he is doing and is picking players he has identified as improving the current squad and making it into the Champions League.

Unverified rumours are linking us with Eero Markkanen from Real Madrid too.....

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unverified rumours are linking us with Eero Markkanen from Real Madrid too.....

I just had a peek at his Wiki page, not much on it but had him included in Real's 25 man team for the Champions League but never featured in any game. He's a tall striker at 6'5" with only 46 senior games scoring 19 goals, a bit of a gamble there but maybe Ronny has followed his career and fits in with his footballing philosophy.

Just need more rumours linking us to Juve and Bayern to make the club look like it's a big spender of sorts in the European "A" leagues. :lol:

Signing players from Man City & Man Utd ?, what's going on here then ?, expensive duds or exciting new prospects that aren't deemed top 4 EPL club standard players by their respective clubs ?, I hope it's the latter.

Happy to see Ronny trawling the top EPL clubs for players rather than the unknowns from weaker leagues, I hope he knows what he is doing and is picking players he has identified as improving the current squad and making it into the Champions League.

Stefan Johansen

Stefan Johansen

Maybe I overstated that point Rico. :lol:

Just saying it's nice to plunder the EPL and the like rather than take an unknown gamble for a change.

Not that it hasn't paid of dividends over the years by selling on players for £9 million plus, but there has been many a donkey as well that has become a lol at the club and wage thieves (© Sevco fans).

I wouldnt want to be paying a seven figure sum for him. I can see why Ronnie wants him as we need an all rounded striker but he does have a fair bit of baggage already. Having said that going to a bigger club might make him screw the nut a bit like Griffiths.

I would be tempted to throw in a few fringe players on loan as Utd may prefer that knowing that a fair chunk of the fee will not end up in the clubs coffers.

I've only seen McMullan a couple of times at the youth level, but he looked a talent. As Johnnyc13 said Stenhousemuir fans probably know more about him. I'm actually more excited about Tierney who St. Mirren is also supposed to be getting. I think he could turn out to be a great left back one day and he's capable of some wonderful crossing.

Archived