Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody is raving about McMullan, is Tierney up to much?

Tierney is an extremely good young defender, great going forward and crossing, already played a couple of times for the first team at 17 and this despite missing 3 months in the middle of last season with a broken ankle.

The Sun is saying around 2 million, which sounds a bit low to me. Only one year left on the contract though and we probably got a sell-on percentage

When he first burst on the scene for us, I was convinced he would eventually become too good for us and would be sold for a minimum of 6/7 million, but after his performances and injuries recently I think we'd do very well to receive 2 million for him.

We've signed Michael Duffy and Connor McManus on loan. Any Celtic fans know if they are any good or not?

I like Duffy, good pacy winger, he'll be great for you. I know I've seen McManus too but he never stood out for me, so I couldnt tell you much about him

I like Duffy, good pacy winger, he'll be great for you. I know I've seen McManus too but he never stood out for me, so I couldnt tell you much about him

If McManus is a central midfielder then I'll imagine he'll be used as back up at first or rotated as its a area we are still quite strong in with Holmes, Flanny and O'Brien. From what I've heard elsewhere Duffy looks like a good signing for us and it could be beneficial to both parties.

Welcome Saidy and fairwell Mathews, your shift in pumping Barcelona in the Champions League in a weakened Celtic squad back in 2012 will never be forgotten and will be a Celtic hero. ^_^

That's a decent piece of business by Ronny imo no matter who tries to claim he's a Man Utd flop.

I've been more than happy with Deila's signings since the January window, looks like he is shopping for first team players.

Now if he can flog Effing fucking Ambrose for any other player and I mean any, I'll start a Ronny Deila appreciation society. :rolleyes:

Widely reported as £1.5, still, a decent bit of business for an at best average right back.

Sunderland said 2 million on their web site, 1.5 was apparently their initial bid

My boss is a Man Utd fan(And Swiss) and had no idea who this boy was. Hardly a ringing endorsement, but given he left Switzerland before making any kind of reputation for himself I guess that's to be expected.

A lot of very good youngsters coming from here these days. Strange signing for Celtic though as with Matthews and Lustig available, and Fisher as back up, right back is probably Celtic's strongest position.

He played for Bolton (scored on debut) under Neil Lennon, so I'm fairly sure Celtic know what they are getting.

Archived