Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

Doesnt always work though, we've had some bad Scottish signings too. Willo Flood for instance

True, they don't all work out. I don't think they always got a chance to 'bed in' tbh. With Rangers destined to be shite for years to come it'd be good to see your team built around Scottish players. Of course there'll always be a place for good foreigners, especially when you can punt them on for £10M :)

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Scepovic and Balde, Celtic couldve potentially got Andy Robertson and Stevie May. If theyd saved the wages spent on Guidetti, Wakaso and Berget, they potentially could've afforded Souttar and Ciftci.

Gordon

Lustig/Matthews - Van Djik - Souttar - Robertson

Brown

Armstrong - Johanson

Mackay-Steven --------------------- May

Ciftci

Wouldve been some team.

For Scepovic and Balde, Celtic couldve potentially got Andy Robertson and Stevie May. If theyd saved the wages spent on Guidetti, Wakaso and Berget, they potentially could've afforded Souttar and Ciftci.

Gordon

Brown

Armstrong - Johanson

Ciftci

Wouldve been some team.

Would have been, and the rest of Scottish football would be outraged at us "stealing players" and having a pop at these guys for "lack of ambition"

Etc...etc...

Would have been, and the rest of Scottish football would be outraged at us "stealing players" and having a pop at these guys for "lack of ambition"

Etc...etc...

Que sera sera...

At the end of the day if money gets kept in the Scottish game its a good thing

Gordon

Brown

Armstrong - Johanson

Ciftci

Wouldve been some team.

Funny thing is they already had Robertson.

Strong rumours that we're in talks with Barry Douglas now that Dijks looks like he's going back to Ajax. Douglas might be Polish champion tomorrow btw, Poznan is one point ahead of Legia in the Ekstraklasa

Makes you wonder how much of a say Deila has in the transfers tbh

I would imagine very little. I get the impression most of the transfer are down to John Park and Peter Lawwell

I would imagine very little. I get the impression most of the transfer are down to John Park and Peter Lawwell

Seems that way, assume Johanson was Deila? But maybe he was one who was targeted before Deila took charge or something

Seems that way, assume Johanson was Deila? But maybe he was one who was targeted before Deila took charge or something

The story I've been told Ronny was meant to come in as No.2 under Lennon as Mjallby was leaving with Ronny eventually to take over in the long term. But with Lennon leaving unexpected the club decided to bring in Ronny as manager

Johansen was brought in under Lennon, Pretty sure he was recommended by Park.

I disagree . GMS and Armstrong were very much down to Ronny. He looted the Arabs Viking-style

Word is that Boyata is signing tomorrow for free with a buy-back clause. I think he'll be an excellent signing - so much potential, bu never got a run of games at City.

I really don't think city will be in a rush for a buy back.

Probably not, but they've been impressed with Denayer's development this season so they'd like to have the option if he develops in the same way.

Probably not in order to play him but if Boyata has a few decent seasons in Scotland and starts to garner the interest that Van Dijk has, City could profit on the deal - pay the buy-back and sell him for whatever the going rate is at the time.

Probably not, but they've been impressed with Denayer's development this season so they'd like to have the option if he develops in the same way.

He will be 25 next time a transfer window comes around.

I think he's developed as much as he can.

Not saying it's not a good signing for celtic but he's not good enough for the premiership down south.

He will be 25 next time a transfer window comes around.

I think he's developed as much as he can.

Not saying it's not a good signing for celtic but he's not good enough for the premiership down south.

He won't develop physically, but he has less than 60 games under his belt. He could double that in one season for us he should be a better player at the end of next season than he is now or we're doing something wrong. City clearly rates him at some level, just not enough to play him ahead of Kompany and Demichelis

Archived