Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

5 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Aye, and you always fade in the second half against teams, largely because Wedderburn becomes a passenger.

I can mind of a terrific game against Raith at Bayview. Down 1-0 at half time with Wedderburn doing the stuff he is good at.

After the break, he was breathing out of his arse as East Fife made him chase the ball.

We won 2-1.

Loving the we'll definitely beat Bonnyrigg chat. 😄

We played you at Bayview a few weeks ago and Nat was in our midfield that ran over the top of you in the second half. 

Utterly mental stuff here from Cosmic Joe.

7 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Aye, and you always fade in the second half against teams, largely because Wedderburn becomes a passenger.

I can mind of a terrific game against Raith at Bayview. Down 1-0 at half time with Wedderburn doing the stuff he is good at.

After the break, he was breathing out of his arse as East Fife made him chase the ball.

We won 2-1.

Loving the we'll definitely beat Bonnyrigg chat. 😄

Absolute pish.  A week ago Wedderburn was top drawer in the second half against Elgin helping us to earn a point.  I think it has been fairly obvious that in the recent games he has not played we have missed him.  

Spartans have 10 games to play and in the unlikeliness that they go all these games with wins will end up on 73 points. The maximum Peterhead can achieve is 70 points and Dumbarton can only achieve 69 points.  No way can all of these teams achieve the maximum as they will be playing each other.

We currently have 60 points so in theory  need 14 points to secure the title.

Given that we play Spartans next week it is feasible that the title could be won in 4 weeks time when we travel to Dumbarton . What a day that would be.

Arbroath fan here. Always had a wee soft spot for Stenny, maroon kit I suppose. Really hoping you guys can do it this season, I know it won’t feel like it at the moment but from the outside, it looks like you’ll do it at a canter.

Our first title was also a very long time in coming - 2010/11 and we’ve managed to add another two since then so hopefully this is the start of good times for Stenny. The way things are going for us we’ll likely meet next season, hopefully not but if we do then looking forward to trips to Ochilview.

Keep it up and all the best for the rest of the season.

Edited by Tattie36

Results went our way last night - Bonnyrigg penalty in 96 minutes when down to 10 men.

We need 4 wins to guarantee the title, assuming Spartans were win 9 in a row. Feels like it is getting close but I am still panicked!

33 minutes ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Results went our way last night - Bonnyrigg penalty in 96 minutes when down to 10 men.

We need 4 wins to guarantee the title, assuming Spartans were win 9 in a row. Feels like it is getting close but I am still panicked!

The cherry on the cake of our shitey football club would be you boys rocking up to our place and securing the title on our coo field.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The cherry on the cake of our shitey football club would be you boys rocking up to our place and securing the title on our coo field.

Am I right in thinking the earliest we could win it is Saturday 30th March then away to Dumbarton ? (If Spartans win all their games until then)

Edited by Broxi Bears

Our chairman, Iain McMenamy, will step down at the end of the season. Mr McMenamy posted a state-of-the-nation address on the club website, celebrating our upcoming 140th anniversary and looking ahead to the future, both immediate and long term.

I'd like to think he'll still be involved in some capacity at Ochilview - I've always found him to be friendly, open, honest and a good ambassador for the club. It's fair to say it's been a mixed six years under his chairmanship, with a promotion, two relegations and a series of underwhelming managerial appointments, but if you're going to bow out, our first ever league title win is the way to do it. This season has been extraordinary, the best I've ever had watching my team, and he leaves a hero.

All the best, Iain!

As well as our chairman, our media team are moving on at the end of the season. I'll very sorry to see Iain, Conor, Chris, Angus et al leave the club - I think their work over the past year has been very good and they've done a great job of documenting this momentous campaign (especially the recent videos from full time at Ainslie Park and New Dundas Park). They've given us a great base to build on and will be difficult to replace.

16 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Our chairman, Iain McMenamy, will step down at the end of the season. Mr McMenamy posted a state-of-the-nation address on the club website, celebrating our upcoming 140th anniversary and looking ahead to the future, both immediate and long term.

I'd like to think he'll still be involved in some capacity at Ochilview - I've always found him to be friendly, open, honest and a good ambassador for the club. It's fair to say it's been a mixed six years under his chairmanship, with a promotion, two relegations and a series of underwhelming managerial appointments, but if you're going to bow out, our first ever league title win is the way to do it. This season has been extraordinary, the best I've ever had watching my team, and he leaves a hero.

All the best, Iain!

surely its one relegation? took over from thompson in 2018 and we got promoted end of that season, relegated next season and been in 2nd division ever since. seems a honest open guy and made us stronger so be a loss to us. i can see why you would go out on a high after winning our first ever title. hope theres someone lined up to take over.

53 minutes ago, Burnsythebinman said:

surely its one relegation? took over from thompson in 2018 and we got promoted end of that season, relegated next season and been in 2nd division ever since. seems a honest open guy and made us stronger so be a loss to us. i can see why you would go out on a high after winning our first ever title. hope theres someone lined up to take over.

That makes sense, my counting is terribly askew and I've wrongly attributed the relegation in 2017 to Mr McMenamy.

I agree with your overall point - he leaves big shoes to fill!

Iain McMenemy has done a fine job for the Warriors, especially off the park, and securing Gary Naismith 14 months ago has meant his record on the playing side while chairman will be viewed with fondness.

Locally, he's helped raise the profile of the club within the community, at a time when many clubs pay such a merit scant attention.

He's also been open to taking fans' views on board, especially in the matter of 'B-teams', something most football clubs are scared to discuss with their customers. Hopefully the next person in the chair is equally accessible and considerate.

Sad to see Iain and the media team go.

He and his board have developed the club off the field, with the fans feeling very integrated. McMenamy was an active listener to fan requests and created a sense of openess. His work with Jamie Swinnie a few seasons ago, brought a sense of professionalism and investment to the club.

The foundation is still finding its feet and developing; although I don't agree with no path to the first team, but it's great to see it progressing and the coaches/staff who give so much time to it. 

What is pleasing to read is the comment on investment through the leagues and desire to go as high as we can.

Media content has been great, all the best to the team in the future.

Edited by Old Fashioned Stramash