How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

Our analysis has shown us that queues are building at peak times when a huge number of passengers are arriving at the airport in a very short space of time.”

How could they possibly have anticipated that? :1eye

• 4 weeks later...

When Im flying to and from Scotland, I always fly from Edinburgh. I liked the previous security set up better, but I think its a good size. Big enough to have lots of flight options, but small enough so there arent mental queues and you dont have to walk for five years to get anywhere (Charles de Gaulle, Im fucking looking at you here). Over the years I've slipped into a nice routine of flying from Edinburgh with KLM, connecting at Schipol (a well designed airport), and then on to my final destination. Its handy for the tram as well.

I'm not sure what people have against it tbh!

Went through last Monday morning (as I've done a few times) and it's probably the easiest I've got through security at that time. The hall did seem smaller though, which probably doesn't bode well.

Maybe they managed to get whatever f**k ups were on sorted out. First time I've used the airport since the new security was put in, so I'm happy with it based on one experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Went through in about ten minutes just now. My trays didn't disappear down the lucky dip lane of uncertainty, which helped, but it was probably one of the easiest security runs I've ever been on. I've been through Ronald Reagan and Washington Dulles, so most places are a breeze.

Went through in about ten minutes just now. My trays didn't disappear down the lucky dip lane of uncertainty, which helped, but it was probably one of the easiest security runs I've ever been on. I've been through Ronald Reagan and Washington Dulles, so most places are a breeze.

Considering you have Iraq and Libya on yoru recent passport stamps you must be 'randomly selected' for extra checking all the time.

Incidentally

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33731489

Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Frisked Me

Considering you have Iraq and Libya on yoru recent passport stamps you must be 'randomly selected' for extra checking all the time.

Incidentally

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33731489

Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Frisked Me

I once flew from London to San Francisco and yes, got red flagged because of my flight history. Three months later I flew from Tripoli to New York and not even questioned.

There is very little worse than having to take shuttle to a plane. Except, perhaps, taking one when you land.

I had this coming back from Turkey last month, at 2 in the morning and it was pissing it down

I went through last Saturday early morning and have never seen it so busy. Queues almost out the door for check in. Mentally rammed, then it took 45 minutes to go through security, which was a bit of a shambles, since the line wasn't even long. Didn't help that all our party was in kilts and hiking boots.

It's usually ok, but that morning was stupidly slow, made checkin 10 minutes before closing and that was with us allowing an hour extra so no rush.

I'm doing a change at Schipol next week and never have before, it's not one I've heard complaints about before, thoughts from the experienced travellers here?

It's a big airport so give yourself time to get to the gate. Decent cafe/bar at the entrance with tables outside if the weather's ok.

Plenty of shops, bars & restaurants to pass the time at Schiphol.

Although, I was in the Dam last month and it was the longest wait I've ever had at any airport to get through passport control. Ridiculous queues. Don't know if it 's a regular thing or not.

Edited by McRuffian

I'm doing a change at Schipol next week and never have before, it's not one I've heard complaints about before, thoughts from the experienced travellers here?

Essentially there is a central hub in the middle that all the main pier come off of. Very easy to navigate between gates....just be prepared for a lengthy walk (there are travelators don't worry).

I went through last Saturday early morning and have never seen it so busy. Queues almost out the door for check in. Mentally rammed, then it took 45 minutes to go through security, which was a bit of a shambles, since the line wasn't even long. Didn't help that all our party was in kilts and hiking boots.

It's usually ok, but that morning was stupidly slow, made checkin 10 minutes before closing and that was with us allowing an hour extra so no rush.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-33773708

Wonder why he left....