Dundee United 2015/16 Season

I realise we are all a bit pissed off at United right now, but why do we have to assume anyone we are linked with are useless before they have even joined us, far less kicked a ball?

OK, they might be crap, but at least give players the opportunity to prove that on the pitch, rather than pretending we are all experts in the standard of Fulham reserve players or the A League.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realise we are all a bit pissed off at United right now, but why do we have to assume anyone we are linked with are useless before they have even joined us, far less kicked a ball?

OK, they might be crap, but at least give players the opportunity to prove that on the pitch, rather than pretending we are all experts in the standard of Fulham reserve players or the A League.

Really hoping anybody we bring can offer something but know very little on the players being linked and my worry is that our management team know just as little as I am not convinced we have done a huge amount of scouting on some of our recent signings.

Really hoping anybody we bring can offer something but know very little on the players being linked and my worry is that our management team know just as little as I am not convinced we have done a huge amount of scouting on some of our recent signings.

Who do we have out scouting?? There's obviously a strategy about developing youth players, either from our own youth set up or buying them in from lower leagues, but outside of that, who does the scouting for more experienced players?

Can someone ( probably deefiant ) put together all of jackies signings over last 2 years with a rating beside them , hit/miss would do. Be interesting to see how his record compares to other managers.

The boys played no football for two years, so it's pretty obvious McNamara has had the lad recommended and just signed him hoping for the best, another lazy signing. Spin it however you like.

Seems you've managed to offload Anier to hibs :lol:

Congratulations.

Genuinely one of the best pieces of business in the transfer window. Shame though, as I was hoping he'd stay and play against us.

I'm sure the players themselves will be given time to show if they are up to it or not, it's just that most fans have completely lost confidence in McNamara himself, including with his record in the transfer market. There have been a few hits in there among the misses to be fair, but it does seem a bit like he's making it up as he goes along now, particularly after saying earlier in the summer he was happy with the squad.

The boys played no football for two years, so it's pretty obvious McNamara has had the lad recommended and just signed him hoping for the best, another lazy signing. Spin it however you like.

One year, tbf. The previous year (2013 - 14) he was top scorer in his league, young player of the year and played for Australia at the World Cup finals. By all accounts he missed the whole of last season due to injury.

I offer no opinion as to whether he's actually any good or whether he's been scouted because I have no idea. Just pointing out that you can spin it either way.

You're just assuming that, as you have no evidence whatsoever to back up what you have said. You have no idea. Another lazy post.

I'm sure the players themselves will be given time to show if they are up to it or not, it's just that most fans have completely lost confidence in McNamara himself, including with his record in the transfer market. There have been a few hits in there among the misses to be fair, but it does seem a bit like he's making it up as he goes along now, particularly after saying earlier in the summer he was happy with the squad.

I can understand that to a certain degree, but I don't think it's fair to take out our lack of faith in the manager on players we have never seen play, on the grounds that previous signings have been shit.

In this case, he said he was happy with his squad, and now he is making signings, which is being used as a stick to beat him with in view of what he previously said. But, if he wasn't making signings, he would have been criticised for that too, in view of how rotten we have been recently.

We have enough anti-McNamara ammunition. We don't need to start playing fast and loose with logic.

Guest DAVIDB69

He seems to be signing and releasing players on a FIFA football manager type basis.

Wasn't a massive fan of muirhead as I didn't think he was united standard, however he was better than Simon Murray .

You're just assuming that, as you have no evidence whatsoever to back up what you have said. You have no idea. Another lazy post.

What games was he scouted in? Not that much of an assumption.

Some loan signings until January? Forgive me for not getting too excited but what is the point in having players for a just a few months? So we can go back to being shit after they leave (thats if they are any good in the first place). Short-term loan signings are terrible for building a team.

Archived