Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What games was he scouted in? Not that much of an assumption.

Well, it may have been that Jackie watched him in the two games he played in 2014 in some obscure tournament called the World Cup. Was that on TV? I can't recall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25285263

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25285148

Maybe he is a fan of the A League - the games are shown on BT Sport, which I assume he watches, and reasoned that the top scorer in that league might be worth looking at. Especially considering he was top scorer in that league at such a relatively undistinguished club. He might know a lot about the standard of that league. If only someone at Dundee United had spent any time recently involved with Newcastle Jets, who would maybe know about these things.

Maybe he wanted to sign Taggart in 2014, but then he was gazumped by Fulham. Even so, he decided to keep an eye on his development.

Maybe he wanted to sign him on loan last year, before he got injured.

So, now that he's fit, and available, he jumped in.

Might not actually be the case, but enough there to assume (if you can do it, so can I) that we might have watched the guy before.

Any more questions?

I've not had access to a computer all day (on transfer deadline day too, I've contacted the Union rep), so perhaps someone more fortunate can confirm the following for me:

1 - we got shot of Anier.

2 - we loaned out Muirhead to a team who on current form are one of our main league rivals.

3 - we brought in another striker on loan to replace these two - opinions are mixed.

4 - Sideshow Bob has been brought in on loan to play raking passes from midfield.

5 - we haven't sold anyone to Celtic yet.

Have I missed anything?

I've not had access to a computer all day (on transfer deadline day too, I've contacted the Union rep), so perhaps someone more fortunate can confirm the following for me:

2 - we loaned out Muirhead to a team who on current form are one of our main league rivals.

3 - we brought in another striker on loan to replace these two - opinions are mixed.

4 - Sideshow Bob has been brought in on loan to play raking passes from midfield.

Have I missed anything?

Ian Black had a trial but then we couldn't agree terms.

Have I missed anything?

You left out the by now obligatory reference to our soon to be confirmed purchase of Dougie Imrie.

Guest DAVIDB69

What worries me again is that if results continue to be bad after the international break, he will use the new players bedding in excuse yet again

Well, it may have been that Jackie watched him in the two games he played in 2014 in some obscure tournament called the World Cup. Was that on TV? I can't recall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25285263

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25285148

Maybe he is a fan of the A League - the games are shown on BT Sport, which I assume he watches, and reasoned that the top scorer in that league might be worth looking at. Especially considering he was top scorer in that league at such a relatively undistinguished club. He might know a lot about the standard of that league. If only someone at Dundee United had spent any time recently involved with Newcastle Jets, who would maybe know about these things.

Maybe he wanted to sign Taggart in 2014, but then he was gazumped by Fulham. Even so, he decided to keep an eye on his development.

Maybe he wanted to sign him on loan last year, before he got injured.

So, now that he's fit, and available, he jumped in.

Might not actually be the case, but enough there to assume (if you can do it, so can I) that we might have watched the guy before.

Any more questions?

I salute you, clearly you've put more thought into this signing that McNamara. BTW he was offered to us and McNamara said yes, simple as that really.

Archived