Still More Good News on Crowds ... (outside Glasgow)

We've a strange demographic to our fanbase. A lot of fickle stayaways who won't return for some bizarre reason. Being 23, this is the best I've witnessed on the park and cannot understand why some folk still barely ever turn out.

Large rural contingent to our support who won't travel in for smaller teams during the winter or games in midweek/stupid lunchtimes. Plus if the truth be told, our pricing is pretty high. The large English settler population brought up here with the oil generally doesn't bother with the club either.

Would hope for more but there we go. It is on the rise and that's the main thing!

Also, factor in the poor travelling supports at Pittodrie, offshore workers, and the ludicrous ST price hikes - we're actually doing alright.

Not far off the average during Fergie's tenure, if i'm not mistaken.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, factor in the poor travelling supports at Pittodrie, offshore workers, and the ludicrous ST price hikes - we're actually doing alright.

We need to improve the pricing for sure. I'm lucky that I can afford to go most weeks, but then I don't booze, so that's mainly how I can afford it while saving to move out. Away supports to Pittodrie outside the Ugly Sisters and, sometimes Hearts and the two Dundee clubs, have been pretty pathetic for as long as I have been going. There are some clubs who benefit strongly from big away supports and derby matches.

I'm keen to see our crowds next season. Next season's top flight has a fair few Northern clubs, while we can re-kindle our rivalry with Falkirk and Morton - both clubs will bring good numbers to Paisley, while Ross County, ICT and St Johnstone didn't bring many punters to the Feegie Dinkydome. Aberdeen and the two Dundee clubs were pretty good though, especially Aberdeen. We will lose out on the excellent visiting numbers from our pals Partick and Killie, but that will be offset by Hibs still being down, and either Motherwell or Mike Ashley's wee team.

Not sure about visiting numbers from Queens, Raith, Livvy, Alloa... but on the whole, I think we will be OK and armageddonnnnnn free. If we are competitive, and the dapper Mr Murray gets a bit of feelgood factor back, home numbers will certainly rise.

I am already over losing our top flight status. Renewed my season ticket last night, and looking forward to some freshness in opponents, a new manager, a new squad, and thank fcuk, a new strip.

Aberdeen's averages during Ferguson's 8.5 seasons were:

14,171 - 12,944 - 12,315 - 11,360 - 15,534 - 17,138 - 15,877 - 14,326 - 12,595 (left Nov)

Aberdeen have grown their crowds coming on 50% in 3yrs despite the absence of Rangers, Hearts & Hibs. That's pretty good going, IMO.

And again proof that performance influences attendance.

5th best for the Perth Saints, the stats don't lie, haha! ;)

To be fair although we have seen a very healthy increase of Home supporters this year, we have benefited from decent travelling supports from United, Dundee and Aberdeen, Celtic have been especially impressive this season! The rest of the clubs, between 200 and 500

Grim times if you're a thistle or ICT fan! To think some thistle fans yesterday had the audacity to say we have a rubbish support, haha!

Grim times if you're a thistle or ICT fan! To think some thistle fans yesterday had the audacity to say we have a rubbish support, haha!

In terms of numbers, you do. And so do we.

Our attendance drop off this season has been pretty alarming, tbh. Yeah, we lost Hearts and Hibs, and only played Aberdeen, Celtic and Dundee United once instead of twice, but we're still down a good 500+ home fans, despite having a better team and playing much, much better at home than we did last year.

Although they are doing really well with the rise in supporter numbers, I feel Aberdeen should be doing better. Having lived in Aberdeen most of my life, i feel there is far to many born and bred natives who choose to follow the OF.

In terms of numbers, you do. And so do we.

Our attendance drop off this season has been pretty alarming, tbh. Yeah, we lost Hearts and Hibs, and only played Aberdeen, Celtic and Dundee United once instead of twice, but we're still down a good 500+ home fans, despite having a better team and playing much, much better at home than we did last year.

I don't disagree that it could be much better but in comparison to 5 of 6 other clubs it's not that's bad!

We always get a bad press, the reality is we're doing better than a lot of other clubs!

5th best for the Perth Saints, the stats don't lie, haha! ;)

To be fair although we have seen a very healthy increase of Home supporters this year, we have benefited from decent travelling supports from United, Dundee and Aberdeen, Celtic have been especially impressive this season! The rest of the clubs, between 200 and 500

^idiot found.

Of course St Johnstone would have a higher average attendance than us this season. You've had numerous visits from the Dundee clubs, Aberdeen and Celtic all of whom bring massive supports to Perth - outnumbering the home support more often than not.

We've had 2 home games against all of the clubs with the worst away supports in the league - St Johnstone, Ross County, Hamilton and Inverness.

Although they are doing really well with the rise in supporter numbers, I feel Aberdeen should be doing better. Having lived in Aberdeen most of my life, i feel there is far to many born and bred natives who choose to follow the OF.

Mate, the sad thing is you could say the same about every town and city in Scotland.

^idiot found.

Of course St Johnstone would have a higher average attendance than us this season. You've had numerous visits from the Dundee clubs, Aberdeen and Celtic all of whom bring massive supports to Perth - outnumbering the home support more often than not.

We've had 2 home games against all of the clubs with the worst away supports in the league - St Johnstone, Ross County, Hamilton and Inverness.

Hmm, I guess you chose to ignore the part of the post that called out that travelling crowds played a part!

You sir are the idiot! Maybe use your eyes to read in future! :)

Oh aye, it's absolutely fucking horriffic being an ICT fan just now. :1eye

Good to see things haven't dropped off too much for us, despite the pathetic performance of the team for a large part of the season.

We had two home matches against Celtic, but only one each against Aberdeen and ICT. The Aberdeen game was a Monday night telly game, which probably resulted in a fairly hefty drop in Aberdeen's usual away crowd and the ICT game was on Jan 1st, which possibly meant a slightly better crowd than usual. ICT seemed to take through quite a few fans more than usual that day.

The lack of postponements would have helped us as well, we even managed to reschedule a midweek game against Partick to a 3pm Saturday k/o.

Hmm, I guess you chose to ignore the part of the post that called out that travelling crowds played a part!

You sir are the idiot! Maybe use your eyes to read in future! :)

The travelling crowds helped particularly because we played teams at the right time (ie Aberdeen when they were still in the hunt; Dundee when we were fighting for top six; United when they were on a good run and Celtic for their final away game). All too often in other years those fixtures are relatively meaningless.

Archived