greatest disappointment following your team

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing 2-0 to Morton in the second last match of 94/95 which clinched the title at our expense.

That and the above-mentioned Panucci game are the only times a defeat has lingered into the following day/days!

The hype was huge. I had pals texting me wanting to come down from aberdeen to see the game just because of the hype. The atmosphere in the Lizzy before the game was awesome.

Then the game happened.

All I can remember is falling on top of someone after Baird scored and getting a Bridie chucked off me.

:lol:

We could make a top 10.

1998 - Hertz winning the cup & us going down

Jim fucking Duffy

May 2012 - say no more

May 2013 - we won the singing

Motherwell 6-6

Colin 'bag of sweeties' Calderwood's reign

Shite like Phil Airey, Matt Thornhill etc getting a run out in a Hibs jersey

Getting beaten off of fucking Dunfermline in the semi's with Damon Gray up front

TERRY FUCKING BUTCHER!!!!!

Seeing us get relegated when we should've really been where Motherwell were after ra peepul died.

Being a Hibs fan is ace.

1998 - Hertz winning the cup & us going down

Jim fucking Duffy

May 2012 - say no more

May 2013 - we won the singing

Motherwell 6-6

Colin 'bag of sweeties' Calderwood's reign

Shite like Phil Airey, Matt Thornhill etc getting a run out in a Hibs jersey

Getting beaten off of fucking Dunfermline in the semi's with Damon Gray up front

TERRY FUCKING BUTCHER!!!!!

Seeing us get relegated when we should've really been where Motherwell were after ra peepul died.

Being a Hibs fan is ace.

We're still a fucking tremendous football club club.

greggy.png

Dunfermline were better than us that season. There wasn't another side McGlynn could have picked that you could have had any confidence in doing any better. As it was we frustrated them for a time, somehow nicked the lead, and if Tade had buried that chance second half we might even have got away with it. But blaming McGlynn for us not doing, at the end of a season where he had us playing well above ourselves, is daftness.

Anyway, can't really think of an answer of any note.

(Unless I answer it for the team I grew up supporting, in which case selling the club and its soul to middle eastern billionaires is something I'm still angry about and don't ever intend to get over.)

Dunfermline were better than us that season. There wasn't another side McGlynn could have picked that you could have had any confidence in doing any better. As it was we frustrated them for a time, somehow nicked the lead, and if Tade had buried that chance second half we might even have got away with it. But blaming McGlynn for us not doing, at the end of a season where he had us playing well above ourselves, is daftness.

Anyway, can't really think of an answer of any note.

(Unless I answer it for the team I grew up supporting, in which case selling the club and its soul to middle eastern billionaires is something I'm still angry about and don't ever intend to get over.)

They became even better when they shafted us over the ticket money from the new years game then employed Messers Hardie and Rutkiewicz paid for by the debt.

The hype was huge. I had pals texting me wanting to come down from aberdeen to see the game just because of the hype. The atmosphere in the Lizzy before the game was awesome.

Then the game happened.

All I can remember is falling on top of someone after Baird scored and getting a Bridie chucked off me.

The buzz before the game was crazy. I remember thinking that 11,000 at a first division game would go down in the record books for years to come. Four years late we had Edinburgh derbies and Rangers in the league. :lol:

You're totally correct. The Pars spent outwith their means, while we didn't. Ultimately, had we gone up it would have fucked us right up. In a perverse way, the next season was actually quite fun to watch in the 2nd half with us having an in-form Brian Graham, John Baird, Damian Casalinuovo and Jamie Walker all in the same team and my mate and I made it to loads of the away days (including one particularly hazy one at Accies away). Casa's equaliser against Ayr was particularly pleasing.

When we lost the league to Berwick on the second last day in 2007

Also not going up from the 2nd the year Cowden did, we went into the playoffs after finishing 2nd and got put out in the semi by Dumbarton, who were beat in the final but still went up because rangers died, they've both had successful years in the 1st because of that happening whilst we have went downhill, annoying

Appointing Gerry Collins in 2003. Such a lazy, uninspiring choice and destined to end in disaster. Everyone in Scottish football seen it coming apart from our board.

He managed to single-handedly undo all of Lambie's good work from the previous 3 seasons in less than 6 months. It took us years to recover from this.

Incredibly, the board managed to outdo their own incompetence by appointing Dick Campbell a year later and by knocking down the South Terrace before planning permission was granted.

Alan Cowan and Tom Hughes - such a disappointment from two men who claim to love our club.

Archived