greatest disappointment following your team

Not being able to see us lift the Challenge Cup.

losing the challenge cup final this year against Livingston.

These, I'm too young too remember the other finals but the buzz and confidence was brilliant before the game, then we were shite for 90 minutes. Tbf it was still an amazing day.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing at home to ICT in the penultimate game of the 2003/04 season, taking promotion out of our hands. I was sick for days. Brechin away the following week was fantastic though, even if we didn't go up. Easily 700+ Clyde fans that day, and thinking we were going up for at least 15 minutes was a feeling I'll never forget.

Losing the Challenge Cup final in 2006 was a gutter too.

Totally agree with the above. I think we were around 8 to 10 points clear of ICT a month or so before that game so it should have been a game of little importance but we threw points away to Ayr, Brechin and Raith in the previous games. Far too many ifs and buts from that season.

Brechin away, 2003. Chance to win promotion. We brought about 1200/1400 fans up and the place was rocking.

That lanky fucker Templeman puts them 1-0 up, then we were denied by an absolutely fantastic Scott Thomson (of all people) save, truly of Mcgurn proportions.

The cup semi against the Pars at tyncastle with Davie Smye as the ref was pretty hard to take, but seeing Broomfield being flattened was a sore one, however the worst feeling has got to have been when the club was wound up by KPMG, I dont think anything in football could eclipse that feeling.

Brechin away, 2003. Chance to win promotion. We brought about 1200/1400 fans up and the place was rocking.

That lanky fucker Templeman puts them 1-0 up, then we were denied by an absolutely fantastic Scott Thomson (of all people) save, truly of Mcgurn proportions.

Bodge's antics that day lightened the mood and as we did eventually go up it wasn't so bad. Am I right in thinking McKinnon played in that game?

I mind being gutted going 2-0 down at home to Airdrie in the 2008 playoffs.

Bodge's antics that day lightened the mood and as we did eventually go up it wasn't so bad. Am I right in thinking McKinnon played in that game?

I mind being gutted going 2-0 down at home to Airdrie in the 2008 playoffs.

Bodge that season was great value.

Also getting beat 5-2 away to Forfar on a Tuesday night that season, although the eventual hobble over the finishing line was worth it.

Any time we played at Pittodrie in the 90s, awful stuff.

Brockville in 2000. Huge away support, inflateable seats everywhere. Totally crumbled.

Dundee Utd in the Semi - strange to list this, but we werent hammered. We were just soundly beaten without being outclassed. Was bizarre, still had chances.

Came to post this.

Utterly gut-wrenching. Just felt so fucking hollow afterwards. It was the worst feeling.

Actually this might be the worst I've felt watching a football match.

I was cheering for Rangers.

Still can't get the shame off :(

2 Scottish Cup semis in a row in the late 70s, both left me beyond tears in disappointment. And fair do's to the cream bun fans who should have battered the crap out of me when i went looking for it after the game although their laughter hurt more at the time.

The Sevco vote. I really hated my club for a while....

Was thinking that the last 15 years have been quite disappointment free following QoS. There have been some gutting moments**, but nothing rage inducing: until you reminded me of this! I don't think I've ever been truly furious/gutted being a QoS supporter, but that decision really stung. It clearly wasn't enough to stop me following them but I was mad for a good couple of months following the decision.

The biggest disappointment of this season was hands down the Falkirk quarter final. It felt like it was the only game of the season the boys failed to turn up to and it was arguably the biggest game of our season. Disappointing but it was a good season overall so it's hard to hold it against the players!

When I think about it, the biggest disappointment for me was the Challenge Cup final defeat in 1997 against (ironically) Falkirk. I was only 8 at the time though so it probably wasn't as bad for the older ones. I was pretty gutted though.

** Any defeat to Gr£tna.

** The 1-0 defeat at Stranraer.

** Challenge cup final at Perth.

** The Scottish Cup final I suppose, although I felt nothing but pride personally.

James Grady's goal is probably almost every St Johnstone fans worst moment. New Douglas Park packed to the rafters with Saintees. A thrilling 4-3 game. Fans lined the pitch ready to invade as we all waited for full time in Dingwall. Then that b*****d Grady scored and as the news filtered round the ground it broke our hearts. I remember leaving the game and it was just silence, people trudging back to their cars. Remember one guy booting the f**k out of a wall in frustration. Terrible day.

Then Gretna were humilated in the SPL and went bust. I'll never forget the GRETNA RIP banner at McDiarmid. Scenes of jubilation. f**k Gretna.

The other most disappointing moment for me was the Minsk game. We lost our unbeaten European record at home and I thought that that would be okay - if ultimately we went through. But we didn't. Lost the record and out on penalties. Always a bitterly disappointing way to exit a competition.

Actually this might be the worst I've felt watching a football match.

I was cheering for Rangers.

Still can't get the shame off :(

:lol:

Fair enough. I'd almost certainly want Morton to win in a cup final against Celtic or Sevco, but years of superiority will give you that sort of magnanimousness. ;)

Most of mine have been mentioned, losing the title decider at EEP was awful, and losing the Scottish Cup semi with mid-table First Division side Ross County waiting in the final was a tough one, not because the team let us down on the day or that we didn't deserve to lose, it was just genuinely the best chance Raith Rovers have had to win the Scottish Cup in 100 years.

Three I'll mention that haven't been said, are the 2-1 defeat at Dens Park in the title challenging season, with Andy McNeil (again) fucking the whole thing up. Harkins scored a free kick with a minute left and Neil feckin McCann scored the winner in injury time. Completely McNeil's fault and I knew that day we weren't going up, even though we were still top.

Secondly losing the Second Division play-off semi at Stirling was sore, we'd been absolute garbage for years, John McGlynn came in halfway through the season and turned us around completely, we were the form team going into the play-offs and after a 0-0 draw at Stark's we went 1-0 up early on at Forthbank, only to immediately give away a penalty (literally about 15 seconds later) and went on to lose 3-1. Was so convinced we were going up that year. Abut 2500 Rovers fans there as I recall.

And finally, Aberdeen scoring in the 95th minute to take a Scottish Cup tie to a replay at Pittodrie in 2010, it was our first big cup tie in years (since 97?) and they snatched an offside equaliser with the last kick. Someone will need to remind me what happened in the replay though...

Secondly losing the Second Division play-off semi at Stirling was sore, we'd been absolute garbage for years, John McGlynn came in halfway through the season and turned us around completely, we were the form team going into the play-offs and after a 0-0 draw at Stark's we went 1-0 up early on at Forthbank, only to immediately give away a penalty (literally about 15 seconds later) and went on to lose 3-1. Was so convinced we were going up that year. Abut 2500 Rovers fans there as I recall.

Given the official attendance was 2,656, that seems rather far-fetched.

Archived