Petrofac Training Cup 2015-16 - First Round

Surely clubs should have to bid to stage the final of this illustrious competition?

Now that it has established itself as the diddiest of cups and is here to stay, it feels right that clubs should have to make a case for having the final at their ground. Just like with other cup tournament finals, such as the Champions League Final.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nou Camp would be a good venue. Probably not big enough if Clyde make the final though.

It would be nice and would guarantee good weather. However, we have to think of the more financially challenged fans. Let's stick to Scottish Grounds. Make the case for your club's ground.

Can't make my mind up if I want an away trip to one of the bigger clubs for a day out or get a home tie like last year where we managed to beat Stenhousemuir and progress to R2 . ...............yeah come on the balls bag ......give us Montrose at home !

Can't make my mind up if I want an away trip to one of the bigger clubs for a day out or get a home tie like last year where we managed to beat Stenhousemuir and progress to R2 . ...............yeah come on the balls bag ......give us Montrose at home !

Too shite to beat them away type post IMO.

You can fit the entire current ground capacity of Albion Rovers, Annan, Dumbarton and East Fife into the main stand of non-league qualifier Edinburgh City and still have some seats spare.

Entirely pointless fact but I doubt that's ever been possible before.

You can fit the entire current ground capacity of Albion Rovers, Annan, Dumbarton and East Fife into the main stand of non-league qualifier Edinburgh City and still have some seats spare.

Entirely pointless fact but I doubt that's ever been possible before.

Wait till QP go non-league.

Plainly for financial gain I hope QoS draw Rangers away,it would be first competitive gers game under the new management (poss full house) and would be a great pay day early on in the season or failing that home to Annan.

Berwick away is the only stand-out pick; a more recent away trip to a seaside-league minnow like Annan, Stranraer or Ayr wouldn't be too bad though.

Any tie at home is a shitemare: the higher placed club should automatically play away from home to attract larger crowds to this round. .

The North and South Regions should be renamed "Diddy" and "BOX OFFICE".

For a club who are well past their sell by date and very fortunate still to be in existence they seem on this forum at least to be rude,dismissive and highbrow towards other "diddy clubs". a very unfortunate trait.

Archived