Petrofac Training Cup 2015-16 - First Round

Draw at 2:30pm on Monday 29th June according to the exceedingly enthusiastic PTC twitter.

First Round ties on Saturday 25th July.

Winnable home draw, please.

North-East

Championship (3) - Alloa Athletic, Falkirk, Raith Rovers

SPFL1 (6) - Brechin City, Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline Athletic, Forfar Athletic, Peterhead, Stenhousemuir

SPFL2 (6) - Arbroath, East Fife, East Stirlingshire, Elgin City, Montrose, Stirling Albion

Highland League (1) - Brora Rangers

South-West

Championship (7) - Dumbarton, Hibernian, Livingston, Morton, Queen of the South, Rangers, St Mirren

SPFL1 (4) - Airdrie, Albion Rovers, Ayr Utd, Stranraer

SPFL2 (4) - Annan Athletic, Berwick Rangers, Clyde, Queen's Park

Lowland League (1) - Edinburgh City

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draw at 2:30pm on Monday 29th June according to the exceedingly enthusiastic PTC twitter.

North-East

SPFL1 (6) - Brechin City, Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline Athletic, Forfar Athletic, Peterhead, Stenhousemuir

SPFL2 (6) - Arbroath, East Fife, East Stirlingshire, Elgin City, Montrose, Stirling Albion

South-West

Championship (7) - Dumbarton, Hibernian, Livingston, Morton, Queen of the South, Rangers, St Mirren

I take it it's a case that there be a lop sided draw if you went with the pyramid parameters of south of the Tay ?

I take it it's a case that there be a lop sided draw if you went with the pyramid parameters of south of the Tay ?

You'd have Brora, the 4 Angus sides, Elgin & Peterhead = 7.

Remaining 'half' would contain 25 clubs...

North-East

South-West

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only way you could do that would be to have 3 regions (which couldn't be of equal sizes as 32 doesn't divide by 3); or have 4 regions i.e. next season:

North

Brora, Elgin, Peterhead, Arbroath, Brechin, Forfar, Montrose, East Fife (!)

East

Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline, Raith, Edinburgh City, Hibs, Berwick, Livingston, Alloa (!)

Central

East Stirlingshire, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, Stirling, Airdrie, Albion Rovers, Airdrie, Dumbarton (!)

South-West

Queen's Park, Rangers, Morton, St Mirren, Ayr, Annan, QotS, Stranraer

I think the current system works fairly well: if the idea is to prevent fans having a journey from one end of the country to the other on the first day of the season. It was also sensible that they started regionalising R2 a couple of years ago - as it was always odd that R1 was, but then R2 on a midweek was not.

I think the current system works fairly well: if the idea is to prevent fans having a journey from one end of the country to the other on the first day of the season. It was also sensible that they started regionalising R2 a couple of years ago - as it was always odd that R1 was, but then R2 on a midweek was not.

Och c'mon. Everyone loves those, right?

Only way you could do that would be to have 3 regions (which couldn't be of equal sizes as 32 doesn't divide by 3); or have 4 regions i.e. next season:

North

Brora, Elgin, Peterhead, Arbroath, Brechin, Forfar, Montrose, East Fife (!)

East

Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline, Raith, Edinburgh City, Hibs, Berwick, Livingston, Alloa (!)

Central

East Stirlingshire, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, Stirling, Airdrie, Albion Rovers, Airdrie, Dumbarton (!)

South-West

Queen's Park, Rangers, Morton, St Mirren, Ayr, Annan, QotS, Stranraer

I like this as Clyde aren't involved.

Archived