Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him bang in 15+ again for Killie. Just seems to work for him there.

Ally and Kenny being too pally, he got fat and lost his form, at Killie he'll not get away with that.

I reckon he'll find his form again at killie and break the twenty mark.

We already have made use of that. £9 million for Hutton. £2 Million for Wilson. Of course there are others such as McGregor and Burke who are in the Scotland squads.

The point is we need to accept we cannot compete with English clubs. We need a proper scouting system and bring the best young players to the club.

Nothing to do with being diddies. Only a very few clubs are buying clubs these days.

Total appearances for the rangers - zero.

Oh, and there's loads of buying clubs out there, like those "come and join the EPL" boys at Man U, your own big club, quite possibly Levante in the near future..

Even Aston Villa, and they're "completely useless", apparently.

Although they did win the European Cup...

Alot of club's do but it isn't as important or at the forefront of what they are doing so it's not such a big deal. Rangers are now going from a nothing squad that was full of overpaid old duds to a completely different way of thinking that we need to be adding value. Having all those overpaid duds drained the value of the club and team.

As much as I hate to admit it cleric are always adding value, players like wanyama and lurch added value when they bought them to the team and value to the club when they were sold but it wasn't a buzzword because celtic weren't starting from scratch and are more stable just now

So, what drained all the value out of the company, then?

Ally and Kenny being too pally, he got fat and lost his form, at Killie he'll not get away with that. I reckon he'll find his form again at killie and break the twenty mark.

Would have kept him tbh, get him fit and the goals will come.

Ally and Kenny being too pally, he got fat and lost his form, at Killie he'll not get away with that.

I reckon he'll find his form again at killie and break the twenty mark.

When we were tenuously linked with Boyd, I quite liked the idea as I suspect he still has goals in him, especially at this level.

I can still see him doing alright back at Kilmarnock, but I'd be surprised if his twenty plus top flight goals days, are not now well behind him.

When we were tenuously linked with Boyd, I quite liked the idea as I suspect he still has goals in him, especially at this level. I can still see him doing alright back at Kilmarnock, but I'd be surprised if his twenty plus top flight goals days, are not now well behind him.

He certainly won't get back to that kind of form - although it would be fantastic if he did - but what impressed me in his last spell at RP was his professionalism, workrate, leadership and media handling. An example to the rest of the squad. I wouldn't be unhappy if Locke took us to the bottom spot, got sacked, and Boomer took over in time to keep us up.

Would have kept him tbh, get him fit and the goals will come.

For most of the season he showed little or no interest, lack of proper management played a part in that but Boyd's a professional player and was clearly at it.

We need a clean slate.

Rangers have swung from only signing absolute wasters at the end of their career, to only absolute nobodies from England halfway through it. Its as if they look at other clubs and then do the exact opposite everyone is getting success with.

Ohhhhhh My Sides :lol: Sevco are signing Dani Alves.. The succulent lambs in the MSM really are trying their best to polish this turd... Dani Alves..be afraid everyone :lol:

Reece Wabara compared to Barcelona star Dani Alves as defender nears Rangers move

Rangers are closing in on the signing of defender Reece Wabara

The 23-year-old full-back is a free agent having been released from his contract at Doncaster Rovers

Former Rangers youngster Dean Furman was a team-mate of Wabara's at Doncaster and has likened him to Barcelona's Dani Alves

By ANDREW DICKSON FOR THE SCOTTISH DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 01:11, 29 June 2015 | UPDATED: 01:11, 29 June 2015

The comparisons are, as they tend to be in such circumstances, favourable, if rather unfair. Yet, despite the hype, Rangers supporters won't care too much if Reece Wabara really is in the mould of Barcelona great Dani Alves. As long as the former Manchester City full-back has the measure of Scottish Championship wingers, that will suffice for now.

The 23-year-old announced he was heading to Glasgow for contract talks on Saturday evening via Twitter, having left Doncaster Rovers at the end of the season. With Ibrox manager Mark Warburton casting his net far and wide as looks to build a side capable of winning what is a crucial promotion, Wabara certainly seems to fit the right profile.

Former Rangers youngster Dean Furman was a team-mate of the England Under-20 cap at Doncaster and they previously played alongside each other at Oldham Athletic.

Rangers are closing in on the signing of defender Reece Wabara (right) following his release from Doncaster

Wabara has been the subject of some lofty comparisons to Barcelona and Brazil's Dani Alves (right)

After Rovers failed to win promotion from League One to the Championship, both players decided to move on this summer to pursue deals with teams at a higher level and the South African was quick to sing his praises.

'Reece is very attack-minded,' said Furman. 'He's very much in the Dani Alves mould because he's very quick and loves to get forward. Defensively, he's strong, too.

Rangers close to signing former Manchester City defender...

'He has lovely ability, loves to beat a man and puts good deliveries into the box. He had quite a few assists last season and if I'm honest, he should have had many, many more.

'I can't speak for the new manager at Rangers but if he's looking for a young, athletic full-back who can create and join in play, Reece ticks all the boxes.

'He has been a pleasure to play with for me personally and he came to Oldham from Manchester City having been in and around their first team and their reserves.

'Reece stepped up to men's football very quickly and adapted very well. In the last year or so, I feel he has really kicked on.

'He was one of the top performers at Doncaster and he has progressed an awful lot. He has worked extremely hard on his game and is becoming more consistent in his performances.

'Now at Rangers there's a manager there who has done extremely well elsewhere and Davie Weir is back as well.

'I've no doubt they have a vision to get back to the top of Scottish football and it will be a long-term project but it will be a very exciting one to be involved in.

'I'm sure they'll be attracting more players of Reece's calibre and with his age, he is someone who can be an asset who is constantly improving.

'It's a matter of opinion on how well he can do. He did well for Doncaster and has high ambitions. I'm sure he will want to play in the Premier League and I'm sure he can.'

Wabara, 23, is a free agent and revealed on Saturday evening that he was visiting Glasgow

Wabara started at his career at Manchester City but failed to make an impact in the first-team

Having shared a car to and from training throughout last season, Furman reckons he has unknowingly played a part in convincing Wabara his future lies in Glasgow.

The two used to talk about the South Africa captain's time at Ibrox between 2006 and 2008 as they shuttled between Manchester and Doncaster.

Furman was famously heralded as Paul Le Guen's first signing when in truth he had already agreed a deal with Rangers' youth department before the Frenchman arrived.

Although he only made one first team appearance against Dundee United four days before the UEFA Cup final seven years ago, he still cherishes the time he spent there.

The 27-year-old added: 'I know Reece very, very well and we have actually travelled in to Doncaster just about every day for the last year.

Wabara's former Doncaster team-mate Dean Furman was full of praise for him

'I can't say if he's signing or not because I don't know but as a player, he's very exciting and Rangers fans would love him.

'I'm not at all surprised they have a chance of signing him because I know the club very well and I've told him all about it.

'We would talk about different things in the car and any time there has been a mention of Rangers, I've only said good things.

'Reece has asked me a few questions and I can't speak a bad word about the club. I had a great time there.

'The size of the club, the fanbase and the history attached to it is fantastic and I've just tried to let him know what it's all about.

'It's entirely up to him what he does. I don't know his plans and I'm sure he' ll come to a decision soon.

'Ultimately, it's his choice but if something is happening and he does want to know any more than I've told him already, I can only give him a glowing reference.

'http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_143555652358311&drKey=1082&libId=ibhh44ne01000bl0000TApcb97gyn&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fkerrydalestreet.co.uk%2Ftopic%2F9240021%2F231%2F&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Farticle-3142615%2FReece-Wabara-compared-Barcelona-star-Dani-Alves-defender-nears-Rangers-move.html&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fkerrydalestreet.co.uk%2Fforum%2F15914%2F&title=The%20Sevco%20Thread&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Farticle-3142615%2FReece-Wabara-compared-Barcelona-star-Dani-Alves-defender-nears-Rang...

Was the headline "FAILED DONCASTER DEFENDER TO TEAR UP SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP."

For most of the season he showed little or no interest, lack of proper management played a part in that but Boyd's a professional player and was clearly at it.

We need a clean slate.

Can't agree with that. If you watched Boyd last season it was purely down to confidence in himself and throughout the team. I would never doubt Boyds professionalism or his effort. Using him as a target man didn't help matters either.

I am sure he will pick up where he left at Killie and get back to his free scoring form

Boyata Werbara, sure that's the title of a Police album I bought back around 1980. Only played half a dozen times, due to it being utter shite, & best thought of as one to forget I bought.

Archived