The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Yes, it is. In exactly the same way as it's common knowledge Greenock is in Glasgow. I'm sure 99% of people would agree.

That's not same by any stretch of the imagination.

I doubt you'd find many, if any people to agree with that. On the other hand though I reckon 99% of people would agree that Dumfries is down by the border tbh.

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Anywhere within fifty miles from England = the Borders. Not too difficult a concept to grasp tbh. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

Centre of Edinburgh to Coldstream, which is right on the border, is 48 miles.  By your stupid logic, Edinburgh is in "the borders".  I don't think even you would attempt to claim that.  In fact the Isle of Man is in the borders by your definition.

You'd better write and tell the people who organised local government in Scotland that they've made a mistake.  Be sure to thank them for playing.

On 10/27/2016 at 11:09, vikingTON said:

Why on earth should one of the most venerable and successful clubs in Scotland give a toss about a new club formed in 2012? The real reason why you're bothered about it though is because you're obsessed with the Union fleg; all the more ironic given that you opt to live in the Borders region of Scotland, that loves the Union fleg and everything it stands for. 

Gutted for you. 

:lol:

16 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, it is. In exactly the same way as it's common knowledge Greenock is in Glasgow. I'm sure 99% of people would agree.

Well no it's not. Because Glasgow is a distinct settlement and the largest city in the whole of Scotland. Whereas "the Borders" is an entirely geographic region, literally defined by the proximity of hick-towns like Dumfries to the English border in the first place. Hence why Kilmarnock isn't actually "in the Borders".

About as successful a challenge as your team's 0-5 swording by The Famous in your own, Borders' midden then. 

Next. 

Edited by vikingTON

15 hours ago, Alibi said:

Centre of Edinburgh to Coldstream, which is right on the border, is 48 miles.  By your stupid logic, Edinburgh is in "the borders".  I don't think even you would attempt to claim that.

Edinburgh is in The Borders as well. Glasgow is the real capital of Scotland; as opposed to the egg-chasing, No-voting bin that confirms every trait of Borders' bumpkins like yourselves.

Not sure why you felt that you'd made a decisive point there, but you didn't. Thanks for playing anyway, 

In fact the Isle of Man is in the borders by your definition.

It's within roughly 100 miles of Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales at the same time. That's why it's actually a distinct territory. The facts that both Douglas on the Isle of Man and Carlisle are far easier destinations as the crow flies from Dumfries serves only to further confirm the fact that your hovel is situated in The Borders and not in Scotland. Gutted for you. 

6 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Edinburgh is in The Borders as well. Glasgow is the real capital of Scotland; as opposed to the egg-chasing, No-voting bin that confirms every trait of Borders' bumpkins like yourselves.

Maybe on your home planet, where Brian Wake is king and you are his queen  but not in the real world.

Anyway, even by your own skewed "logic" you would be wrong. Edinburgh wouldn't be in the Borders, it would be in Glasgow.

In the next thrilling instalment, vt insists that it's possible to nail jelly to the ceiling.......

49 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Maybe on your home planet, where Brian Wake is king and you are his queen  but not in the real world.

Anyway, even by your own skewed "logic" you would be wrong. Edinburgh wouldn't be in the Borders, it would be in Glasgow.

In the next thrilling instalment, vt insists that it's possible to nail jelly to the ceiling.......

980.jpg

Question not the Saviour.

On 11/1/2016 at 12:40, Grant228 said:
On 11/1/2016 at 12:46, Rudolph Hucker said:

Not sure why I can't erase RH's quote and insert VT's but anyway, where do you start with such utter nonsense as VT's post above?  BTW VT, I am from Greenock.  I just happen to live in Dumfries at the moment.  If you sleep in a stable it doesn't mean you're a horse.

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Living in a stable would be preferable to living in Dumfries (a Borders hick-town). 

Only thing wrong with Dumfries is the fact that it's 100 miles from Cappielow.  That and the fecking seagulls.  And the semi-derelict town centre

On the plus side it's considerably drier than Greenock, and it's not in the Borders.

8 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Robbie Crawford, any good? see he was on loan at yourselves a couple of seasons ago albeit only played 10 games according to Wiki. Was he that pish he got punted?

Seemed an alright CM, in League 1, but Duffy shunted him out wide most times he played. 

I think that Morton could win the league next season or finish high up in it.

I think that if Hibs and Dundee United are promoted this season that would help Morton next season.

I think if Hamilton and Partick Thistle or other small clubs are relegated this season that would help Morton next season.

I think the money Morton got from going far in the League Cup will help Morton get better players next season or keep the good ones they have.

What do you think?