Do you support your local team?

I do, but like most having reached a certain level of support I'd not be changing that team if I say moved with a job somewhere else.

Generally people will support their local team.

Or their father's / family's local team.

Outwith that of course there are the weak of will and simple of character that choose to attach themselves to something they consider to be "successful" in order to boost their ego, or attempt to make their own pitiful and woeful existence have some relevance.. In Scotland this would be Celtic, Sevco "supporters" or those lamentable dullards claiming to be fans of a top EPL side.

3rd category, the bigoted airheads, also attach themselves to the Celtic and Sevco bandwagons. Sad fucks.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do, but like most having reached a certain level of support I'd not be changing that team if I say moved with a job somewhere else.

Generally people will support their local team.

Or their father's / family's local team.

Outwith that of course there are the weak of will and simple of character that choose to attach themselves to something they consider to be "successful" in order to boost their ego, or attempt to make their own pitiful and woeful existence have some relevance.. In Scotland this would be Celtic, Sevco "supporters" or those lamentable dullards claiming to be fans of a top EPL side.

3rd category, the bigoted airheads, also attach themselves to the Celtic and Sevco bandwagons. Sad fucks.

I proudly fit in the second category, as one of the last generation of glory hunting Dundee United fans!

For other reasons though

Not for glory/coz their on the telly aw the time/religion/political views/cause their local team get shit crowds, don't play in Europe and can't spend money on players reasons though, like Sevco and Celtic fans from Brechin and the likes

Why is one reason better than the other?

Born in Fraserburgh, support Aberdeen and the Broch, f**k supporting Peterhead

Another nail in the coffin.

Is it time to bury this 'local team' myth finally? Aside from me nare an OF Fan has posted on here yet it's plain that most posters don't select their team based on geography.

Well thanks for helping me kill an hour at work. I thought the "zones" created in the original map were shite so decided to use https://mapumental.com/ to get 1hr public transport from a few Premier League clubs grounds for a true reflection of "local". Not sure if the map's right. Seems quite small distances to me? Maybe it just means "buses".

post-35024-0-45216300-1434782178_thumb.p

According to your as the crow flies map, I'm closer to Motherwell, with their huge catchment area to the south.

However it's a bawhair distance between Fir Park and NDP for me and much quicker to get to Hamilton by bus and car, plus it's in my side of the Shire, hence why I'm saying yes, I do support my local team!

Another nail in the coffin.

Is it time to bury this 'local team' myth finally? Aside from me nare an OF Fan has posted on here yet it's plain that most posters don't select their team based on geography.

talking out of your arse there mate, Aberdeen is only a hour from my hometown which is in Aberdeenshire, I'd consider them my local team

And to add on this when I got into football Peterhead were in the highland league with my hometown, so Dons were the only senior team in the area

Well thanks for helping me kill an hour at work. I thought the "zones" created in the original map were shite so decided to use https://mapumental.com/ to get 1hr public transport from a few Premier League clubs grounds for a true reflection of "local". Not sure if the map's right. Seems quite small distances to me? Maybe it just means "buses".

Untitled.png

Do these buses travel 15mph?

By about two streets the OP says I should be trooping to Ibrox. It's mathematically an interesting and clever way to split up territory but as someone who lives North of the river I resent this a bit. I'm barely a mile as the crow flies from IKEA at Braehead and I can see it from my window but it still takes me longer to get there than to Firhill...

By about two streets the OP says I should be trooping to Ibrox. It's mathematically an interesting and clever way to split up territory but as someone who lives North of the river I resent this a bit. I'm barely a mile as the crow flies from IKEA at Braehead and I can see it from my window but it still takes me longer to get there than to Firhill...

What's up with the baby as your avatar?

Archived