Do you support your local team?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always wondered why you were sound, now we know.

#perthshire

As sure as Schiehallion rises like Olympus above Aberfeldy, the Kirkcaldy Roberto Carlos.

eta: #perthshire

Many thanks to craigkillie for finally smoking this one out. I always knew it was a product of ignorance and bluster but we now know, 86 posts on, that most posters don't support their local team and that team choice, based on the arbitrary accident of geography, is the busted flush that I've been banging on about for years.

The thread says no.

Even though the season is over, you're searching for something to be upset about. There, there.

The majority of a clubs proper fans will live closer to their club than another or at least will have for a period of time.

The thread says no.

This thread represents 100% of fans of all clubs....

Diddy fan in doubting empirical evidence shocker. Sticks with 'local team' hubris.

What Belfast isn't within the old firms catchment area?

I was born in Downpatrick N Ireland, moved to Gütersloh Germany before moving back to Scotland to Edinburgh and finishing up in angus when my dad joined the police. So no i don't support the team local to where I was born or live now.

I follow dundee because my dad does. He's from menzieshill and used to go to every home game with my uncle before he joined the RAF. Once we moved to Edinburgh he started going back to the games and we moved up to angus when I was 4 and that's when he started taking me to the games.

Truth be told I claimed to be a rangers fan when I was very young. Never had strips or anything but this was the early 90s and they were one of the few teams you seen on the tele because they were in Europe.

Thankfully this fad didn't last long. Aged 6 I was taken to Dens for my first game and fell in love with the Dee the minute I got to the top of the Provie road steps. I'll never forget the excitement I felt climbing those steps then the pitch unfolding In front of my eyes. Was a dark winters afternoon so the flood lights were already on.

22 years on and I still get that same feeling in my stomach climbing up to the Derry! Just wish they would open the Provie road end again.

Born in Paisley, raised in Johnstone, have family in Mona Vale on Sydney's Northern beaches, picked an English team who are close enough to go and watch who also play in black and white stripes, and having visited the USA for the last thirty years, received an unbelievably warm welcome when I first visited Denver... So if I can draw the forum's attention to my signature text... That explains my team loyalties then.

Staying in G12, Partick Thistle is my local team.

However, if I had the wings of a sparrow, the dirty black arse of a crow. Id fly over Ibrox tomorrow and shite on the bazzas below, below 8)

Diddy fan in doubting empirical evidence shocker. Sticks with 'local team' hubris.

Why are you so upset about folk supporting their local team? I'm not bothered you don't live in govan, I'm just saying most clubs fans live geographically closer to them than others. Aberdeen will have more season ticket holders in Aberdeen than Glasgow it's pretty simple. Rangers and Celtic will probably be the same. Why Rangers or Celtic have so many fans outside Glasgow is a different debate.

:lol: diddy fan! Your team was simply third best in the diddy league last year, if anyone's a diddy fan it's fans of provincial teams like yours.

Archived