Confirmed transfer 2015/16

Begovic signs for Chelsea.

If the prices being quoted are right (8 mil) then I feel hes worth that. But paying 8 million for a back up goalie is pretty mental.

When they bought Courtois for 10 million I think it was, people were a bit miffed it as he was going to be second choice. However at least he was seen as a successor to Cech. But Begovic is about 5 year older than Courtois

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the prices being quoted are right (8 mil) then I feel hes worth that. But paying 8 million for a back up goalie is pretty mental.

When they bought Courtois for 10 million I think it was, people were a bit miffed it as he was going to be second choice. However at least he was seen as a successor to Cech. But Begovic is about 5 year older than Courtois

Mourinho believes that it is very important to have a top quality back-up keeper. So Chelsea are very much willing to splash cash on a sub keeper.

Mourinho believes that it is very important to have a top quality back-up keeper. So Chelsea are very much willing to splash cash on a sub keeper.

Yeah and to be fair hes made much more savvy purchases second time round. Just the idea of paying 8 million for a guy whos goin play half a dozen cup games a year I find it hard to fathom. Im guessing hes still haunted by Cech and Cudicini being crocked in one match and having to convince Magnus Bloody Hedman to come out of retirement. Albeit he did not play.

Begovic gets hyped up a lot by some people but never really seen much to say that he should be playing regularly at a better team than Stoke. He's good for a few howlers a season (admittedly so are most keepers) but mainly his distribution is really, really poor for a goalie at that level (his goal aside!!). If you look at the teams above them in the league he's not good enough at the moment to hold down a regular spot with them, so going and being a competent back up at Chelsea is a good move for him. Will win a few trophies and might get a run in the team if Courtois gets injured.

United signing Schweinsteiger is probably as important for Ed Woodward as it is van Gaal. He may have a bit of credibility in transfers now instead of just banding big names about and doing nothing.

The way people have bought into Liverpool's constant denigration of Sterling over the last 3 months (ably abetted by loudmouth ex-players) is embarrassing. Makes me want to go on an Alex Ferguson 'youse are all fucking idiots' rant.

Agreed, but I think it's the price tag that's putting people off. If it was £25-£30m I'd imagine people would see it differently. I've just stopped looking at numbers next to transfers because I cannot fathom the amount of money being thrown about.

Valdes/De Gea

Darmian/Valencia *Otamendi*/Jones Smalling/Rojo Blind/Shaw

Schweinsteiger/Carrick Schneiderlin/Herrera

Di Maria/Januzaj Mata/Fellaini Depay/Young

Rooney/*New Striker*

With the four signings they've made, and assuming they act upon the two things asterisked, then they've got some cracking strength in depth in that squad. Obviously the 4-2-3-1 an be adapted as a lot of the players in the squad are very flexible and could pretty easily fit into a 3-5-2, 4-3-3- or 4-4-2 diamond depending on how Van Gaal plays it. Pretty good summer so far from Woodward - a striker and a centre back and suddenly 6/1 for the league could look very tempting indeed.

How can anyone csn justify 49 million for sterling is mental. He will fail at city as he is bang average. Doesnt score enough goals or assist, contributes very little. He will be at villa in about 3 years no doubt

Schneiderlein, Schweinstieger, Herrera, Blind, Mata, Carrick, Feillaini....

How many central midfield players do they need!!

Not sure what the point is here, they're hardly needlessly adding to it. Herrera, Blind, Carrick and Fellaini aren't a championship winning midfield are they?

Archived