Confirmed transfer 2015/16

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toby Alderweireld to Spurs for £11.5 million. Very decent signing and has played a lot with Vertonghen at Ajax hopefully puts an end to the likes of Chiriches and Fazio.

Tottenham, having signed Wimmer too, now have seven centre-backs in the first team squad. I would guess that Chiriches and Kaboul will be offloaded. Would you punt Dier or Fazio too?

Tottenham, having signed Wimmer too, now have seven centre-backs in the first team squad. I would guess that Chiriches and Kaboul will be offloaded. Would you punt Dier or Fazio too?

I'd keep Dier tbh, Fazio, Chiriches & Kaboul can go without much bother.

Agree totally.

Fazio was a waste of money. £8 million?

I'm expecting several more Spurs deals this summer.

Ezequiel Garay, a far far superior player, was available for just €6m last year and went to Zenit instead. Even then, they still got their Argentine centre-back's wrong AGAIN by going after Mussachio but Villarreal wanted €20m. Spurs are like Newcastle and Aston Villa.....they will never, ever learn. An agent's wet dream of a football club.

There will be squad players on about $40,000 a year to compensate for the superstars.

There was a stat a while back that something like 6 players accounted for a third of the total wages in MLS.

Just clocked Iraola, the Bilbao right-back has also joined NYC. Arguably as stellar a signing given his age, in comparison with the other three winding down.

Ezequiel Garay, a far far superior player, was available for just €6m last year and went to Zenit instead. Even then, they still got their Argentine centre-back's wrong AGAIN by going after Mussachio but Villarreal wanted €20m. Spurs are like Newcastle and Aston Villa.....they will never, ever learn. An agent's wet dream of a football club.

I'd hardly say an agent's wet dream, there have been duds at Spurs no doubt about that but we (using that term loosely) have also signed some gems and then turned a profit off of those players.

2 4th placed finishes & 3 5th placed finishes in the last 6 years (13/14 season finished 6th) suggests that by and large Spurs are getting it right on and off the pitch.

I'd hardly say an agent's wet dream, there have been duds at Spurs no doubt about that but we (using that term loosely) have also signed some gems and then turned a profit off of those players.

2 4th placed finishes & 3 5th placed finishes in the last 6 years (13/14 season finished 6th) suggests that by and large Spurs are getting it right on and off the pitch.

Slowly but surely, you're right. I don't particularly agree that the Bale money was spunked on 'total' shite, like many have said.....its like the Suarez dough at Liverpool, the main reason a lot of the players they bought in the probable event of the sale of their best player bumped up a few prices, but they still went ahead and signed mince like Paulinho and Lamela. The question i'd ask, not just of Spurs but of most EPL clubs is that with all the managerial alterations and the redeployment of transfer dealings to DoF or HoFD's, quite often the best player available isn't sought after despite staring them in the face. Hence, agents with middle-to-averaging clients swarm these places with the aim of unloading their livestock. Clubs like Spurs should be wise to it after the disasters of AVB, even Liverpool fall for it time and again. Man Utd are starting to. Gundogan's already played them and it looks like Rachel Stevens at Real is doing the same.

I don't think Fazio is anywhere near as bad as is being made out.

Neither do I. He's looked okay whenever I've seen him. Certainly decent back up and better than the likes of Kaboul.

Archived