Fixture Release, 19/06/15

Interesting arrangements for the festive season... Boxing Day (Sat 26th Dec) > Wednesday 30th Dec > Saturday 2nd January. Thought there might be games on New Year's Day then perhaps the holiday Monday.

Positive is that despite 38 games and Euro 2016, there's only 2 midweeks, in Aug & Mar.

There is an extra midweek game scheduled for after the split, as well.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's a hard start for us, basically all the top 6 last year plus hearts in our first 8 games. Celtic, Aberdeen and Utd away twice, revenge for last year probably.

Didn't Aberdeen use it last season because of fixture congestion? Don't think it did them any good though.

You're right, they postponed the St. Mirren match! Didn't know that. I think we've used it every year, happy we're not doing it this time. It just gives us more congestion later in the season.

Ludo *1, on 18 Jun 2015 - 22:05, said:

New Year fixture is usually reserved for derbies or what is deemed to be derbies is it not? I'd happily take a boring Boxing Day fixture away to some place I won't bother going to, usually have a heavier night at Christmas than I do at New Year tbh.

Ross County away on boxing day... fair enough.

Our home game with Celtic will probably be switched to the Sunday for tv purposes. Could also happen IF the jungles are still in Europe 8)

St. Johnstone again. romanovpalm.png

Dundee at Dens the second week is pleasing, though. We'll take an enormous support.

The clowns should have had us playing Aberdeen at New Year.

Could easy be a sell out!

It would be a really good year to have some cracking Boxing Day fixtures and steal some limelight from England for once.

Their Boxing Day lineup is atrocious this year.

If I could handpick I'd have Hearts v Celtic,

Rangers v Hibs and a Dundee Derby.

Probably end up wi a non event and opportunity lost????

ETA #bigupScottishfootball

Fucking hell.

Hearts V Celtic and Rangers v Hibs.

PM me for this weeks Lottery numbers.

Cracking opening day game, down at Tannadice. Seems like the SPFL just have a stock set of teams that play each other opening day and stick to it. County down at Parkhead again, us v United for the second year on the bounce, Killie and Dundee for the third year out of four, Hearts and Saints two years ago albeit at Perth.

Festive fixtures are pretty meh if the truth be told. ICT Boxing Day (reversal of the same fixture last season) and Thistle at home then St Johnstone away at New Year. Would love Dundee's festive fixtures for a bit of excitement and a cracking away day!

Archived