Be'Jesus you dont wanna finish bottom in Div 2 this season

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brora are just a jumped up sheep shagging pub team, enjoy the money while it lasts because you'll be utterly fucked when mr moneyman himself goes.

Such a well argued point old boy!-You should really post more often as your insight is rapier like! NOT. Enjoy your trip to Brora for the pre-season friendly and try to avoid the sheep!

I think all this bile about Brora Rangers is uncalled for. Nobody has said anything other than they will will the Highland league and the Pyramid play off this coming season.

Let me guess...by at least 25 points, right? ^_^

Brora maybe a good team, in the Highland league but Montrose beat them in the playoff and last season we beat them in the Scottish cup. Let's just end this Brora can beat the championship teams easy shite. A pub team with money being pumped in from a guy with more money than sense

The best brora team ever can't beat stenhousemuir in 90 minutes yet the worst Stirling team ever can beat them 3 times a season, scoring 10 goals.

#forthvalleyrepresent

We'd better not get done by them in the Challenge Cup now :lol:

I remember when a guy tried to argue with me on Facebook that Brora Rangers were about the same level as Queens of the South.

They are quite clearly the most over-rated diddy team in the country.

No, Auchinleck Talbot are runaway winners of that prize. The Harlem Globetrotters of the Junior diddy ranks with 100/1000/10,000 fans according to their deluded fanbase; have yet to beat a single SPFL opponent in a competitive match, and lost to Edinburgh City this season in the cup.

Permadiddies.

No, Auchinleck Talbot are runaway winners of that prize. The Harlem Globetrotters of the Junior diddy ranks with 100/1000/10,000 fans according to their deluded fanbase; have yet to beat a single SPFL opponent in a competitive match, and lost to Edinburgh City this season in the cup.

Permadiddies.

It should be mandatory that the winners of the Junior Cup (Talbot) play the winners of the Highland League instead of the playoffs. That way both sets of fans could deliberate over who's the bigger team and how many goals they'd put past Raith Rovers.

I think all this bile about Brora Rangers is uncalled for. Nobody has said anything other than they will will the Highland league and the Pyramid play off this coming season. After that time will tell.

We are seeing some rather silly posts aimed at the tiny Sutherland Village which has not seen such notoriety since the Highland Clearances.

Football can only live for the moment and most clubs in Britain have a benefactor. In that respect Brora are no different to anyone else,and I doubt that too many SPFL or HL clubs would turn away such kindness. A lot of building from the bottom upwards planned and future development will be incremental and for heritage.

Football clubs cannot survive on gate receipts and SPFL payouts. All Directors have to put their hands into their pockets and I guess Brora are lucky as they have one (possible another couple) who are willing to do so. There is nothing grand or honorable in being vanilla decade in decade out and pretending that this puts your club on some moral high ground whilst harboring the ambitions of an Olive!.

If Ben McKay ceased his generosity towards Brora,then they would continue and maybe find a lesser level in the HL than at present. However its the same in most places and life goes on. Formartine Utd and Turriff are equally big spenders and in the case of the latter have developed a really good stadium-I expect a lot from them in years to come.

For now all Brora can do is look forward to another successful season and those in SPFL I'm sure will keep a weather eye on the HL results as Be'Jesus you don't wannna finish bottom of Div 2 this season.

I feel you make some excellent points,especially the benefactor figures at clubs. Would any club in League 2 or any division for that matter turn away somebody who wanted to help them ( and in the case of Ben McKay) does not even have a seat on the Board.-I suspect not. And yes we have too many olives that need picked.

Football clubs cannot survive on gate receipts and SPFL payouts. All Directors have to put their hands into their pockets and I guess Brora are lucky as they have one (possible another couple) who are willing to do so. There is nothing grand or honorable in being vanilla decade in decade out and pretending that this puts your club on some moral high ground whilst harboring the ambitions of an Olive!.

Err, aye there is. It's what the vast majority of us do, and we expect the same from our football clubs. Pissing money away until the bailiffs come calling and claiming 'ambition' only leave you with no club to support and a load of folk out of pocket.

I feel you make some excellent points,especially the benefactor figures at clubs. Would any club in League 2 or any division for that matter turn away somebody who wanted to help them ( and in the case of Ben McKay) does not even have a seat on the Board.-I suspect not. And yes we have too many olives that need picked.

Don't know what harm some folk think these 'olives' are doing, but please bear in mind that there are plenty of clubs who would similarly consider a club like Brora to be an annoying irrelevance who'd be better off giving up and going home. And they'd be just as correct (not very).

I can safely say that if someone came in and started paying Arbroath players 2/3/4 + times what the highest earners at other clubs in the division were being paid, I would be off to watch Broughty Athletic. I have watched Arbroath every single week for 10 years, and followed them for a further 5 before that but missed games here and there, and I love it just how it is. A 'money man' would completely ruin it.

Out of interest - how long have the Brora posters who've said their piece on here watched their team for? I have nothing but respect for the guys who have been there for years as fans or officials and helped the club when they were at their natural level. I have absolutely no respect for anyone who has jumped on the bandwagon. I had exactly the same opinion of Gretna..

So, not only is there financial doping, the individual at the centre of it has neither a place on the board nor any obligation beyond his blank cheques?? Isn't this what the 'pyramid' structure was originally intended to drive down, and assist in developing clear, transparent running of clubs to find a natural level based on all factors of the club's environment?? How exactly is McKay paying for this Wunderteam then....dual contracts (£100 for playing fitba, the rest through employment?) or thrpugh 'charitable investment' in the form of fresh cash whenever it's required?? If Brora fancy themselves as the Man City or PSG of the Highlands, both have had their arse felt over FFP.....why should this be any different?? Especially as it's obviously outsider income. What's stopping anyone starting a team in the richest suburb in Scotland, gathering spare change off every one of the locals once a month and going down the same route as these fucking cowboys??

Archived