Parking fines

4 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I never claimed to be a lawyer, but I listed my professional qualifications. You would be surprised by how often firms of solicitors come to Trading Standards for consumer law advice, then charge their clients for passing on the free advice given. 

However, as I know that Johnny's local TS department do not provide a civil law advice or representation service, I suggested that he contact a solicitor for some free advice. He can then decide whether or not to engage legal representation.

As Welshy states, he should find out what the worst case scenario is and what chance he has of winning. It will cost a 4 figure sum to have a solicitor to represent him in court, plus the same (or more) for the pursuer if costs are awarded against him. That's a lot to gamble for an invoice for under £200, even though I suspect that costs won't be awarded. However, if costs aren't awarded, he won't get his solicitors fees back.

Personally, I would weigh up my chances of winning after taking some free advice, represent myself & hope that the pursuer either abandons or doesn't turn up on the day.

So, what's your expert advice @Left Back, or are you just sniping from the sidelines with your usual irrelevant nonsensical shite? Some of us in this thread are actially trying to help other posters.

I’n not the one that claimed to be an expert so didn’t offer any advice.

I’m curious.  If you’re an expert why are you advising consulting a lawyer?  If that isn’t the course of action you would take personally (with all your expertise) why advise someone else to do it?  Perhaps you realise your opinion is actually worthless when it comes down to it despite you professing to be the font of all knowledge.  This is because you know you have no clue what you’re talking about on this subject.

I’m sure a solicitor is going to say “take the advice from the Internet expert.  No need for me mate”.  That’s how they make a living at the end of the day.  Sending potential clients away with free advice so they no longer require a solicitor.  Surely you weren’t advising consulting a solicitor to confirm it would cost more than the invoice value to retain a solicitor.  I’m positive no-one would be that stupid…

When you start flinging abuse at me for no reason other than you don’t get the basic concept of humour I’ll quite happily point out what a self important, egotistical clown you are.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’m curious.  If you’re an expert why are you advising consulting a lawyer? 

FFS, you moron. I already said that Johnny's local TS department don't do civil law advice or representation. Otherwise I would send him there.

I'm over 100 miles away, so can't look at the documentation myself, and would not suggest he posts it on here. Without full details, I'm in no position to offer full professional advice. I don't even know who the pursuers are or the amount they are claiming!        

If you don't know that many solicitors offer an initial free 15 minutes, I'm not sure how I can convince you. Maybe you could google "free initial legal consultation scotland" and look at the first 20 pages or so of results.

In 15 minutes, a solicitor can give an initial opinion of the chances of success, and set out his fees. If he glances at the papers & thinks there's no chance of Johnny winning, he should say so. He would send Johnny away with that free advice in those circumstances.

If he thinks that Johnny would win, but wouldn't get his costs back, he would also send Johnny away with that free advice.

29 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Perhaps you realise your opinion is actually worthless when it comes down to it despite you professing to be the font of all knowledge.  This is because you know you have no clue what you’re talking about on this subject.

Yeah, yeah. My advice is rubbish. I'm amazed that my employers continue to have such a good opinion of me, after that devastating critique.

Maybe, just maybe, they've looked at my professional qualifications & experience instead of taking the word of a random poster on P'n'B.

36 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Surely you weren’t advising consulting a solicitor to confirm it would cost more than the invoice value to retain a solicitor.  I’m positive no-one would be that stupid…

As my services are provided free, I don't know much about eligibility for Legal Aid. Who would you ask about that?

Anyway, unless you have some sensible points to make, I would invite you to f*ck off and stop spamming this thread.

12 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

FFS, you moron. I already said that Johnny's local TS department don't do civil law advice or representation. Otherwise I would send him there.

I'm over 100 miles away, so can't look at the documentation myself, and would not suggest he posts it on here. Without full details, I'm in no position to offer full professional advice. I don't even know who the pursuers are or the amount they are claiming!        

If you don't know that many solicitors offer an initial free 15 minutes, I'm not sure how I can convince you. Maybe you could google "free initial legal consultation scotland" and look at the first 20 pages or so of results.

In 15 minutes, a solicitor can give an initial opinion of the chances of success, and set out his fees. If he glances at the papers & thinks there's no chance of Johnny winning, he should say so. He would send Johnny away with that free advice in those circumstances.

If he thinks that Johnny would win, but wouldn't get his costs back, he would also send Johnny away with that free advice.

Yeah, yeah. My advice is rubbish. I'm amazed that my employers continue to have such a good opinion of me, after that devastating critique.

Maybe, just maybe, they've looked at my professional qualifications & experience instead of taking the word of a random poster on P'n'B.

As my services are provided free, I don't know much about eligibility for Legal Aid. Who would you ask about that?

Anyway, unless you have some sensible points to make, I would invite you to f*ck off and stop spamming this thread.

It amuses me to see you so rattled so while I thank you for your invitation I’ll ignore it and post on whatever thread I like.

Now despite your ever lengthening posts trying to justify yourself I notice that you’ve never claimed anything I said was incorrect or false.  I summarised your nonsense perfectly adequately and since then you’ve piped up with some more.

If you really were that much of an expert and wanted to stick your neck out I’m sure you could ask the OP to DM you the details/paperwork so you could work your legal magic.  You haven’t done that of course.  You’ve typed a load of waffle and given more contradictory advice and opinions to try and justify your claim to be an expert.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

If you really were that much of an expert and wanted to stick your neck out I’m sure you could ask the OP to DM you the details/paperwork so you could work your legal magic.  You haven’t done that of course.  

You really are a f*cking moron, aren't you.

7 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Feel free to PM me with whatever you have recieved if you are not sure.

@Left Back tbf I just asked for some sound advice and some thoughts on the matter, doesn't mean I'm going to use them.

A quite appropriate saying but, let's just park it for now. Don't want this spilling over onto the Heads Gone thread ffs.

I appreciate the input from everyone who has been trying to give out genuine advice, it has certainly given me much more confidence in my plans.

I will let you all know how I get on.

Peace and love brothers.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

@johnnydun, you're from drehbruh, nobody from drehbruh attends Court. Rubber them, dodge the polis! Dont let the scheme down!

Me, the Mrs and the boys have taken over the scheme since arriving.

The new King of Drehbruh since Kyle Falconer left.

After this the polis will be letting us park anywhere.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The new King of Drehbruh since Kyle Falconer left.

He must have shacked up in the Ferry/Monifieth. He's always wandering about down there. He's certainly become more grounded since the band split. Either thar or he remembers me standing laughing at my mate boot shite out three of them. 

Excellent, measured, expert advice from lichtgilphead, here.

It's baffling that anyone could read his contribution any other way. Although I sense there's some history, here.

10 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

He must have shacked up in the Ferry/Monifieth. He's always wandering about down there. He's certainly become more grounded since the band split. Either thar or he remembers me standing laughing at my mate boot shite out three of them. 

He was on a documentary recently and it looks like he's in the Ferry, I've seen one of the others dotting about Lochee. 

Looks like. @johnnydun get sent to Perths finest.

Hey, bro. I not allow. Just sell the car, get on plane to Thailand. 

You can live with me, for a few month, get yourself away from all the trouble.

We will have to share a bed, I'm cool with that. 

Option mate, always here for everyone

Edited by SlipperyP