Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liked the Leicester fans chant of "You're just a shit Jamie Vardy" directed at Aguero as he came off.

He's just a shit ***insert shit Leicester striker since forever***

Howard Webb saying that Aguero always tries to stay on his feet and doesn't go down easily was the highlight of the evening. Especially as it came when talking through an embarrassingly bad dive from him that Webb totally ignored.

He's not the out and out goal scorer they need though. His EPL scoring record isn't that much better than Jerome's.

I can't be certain but I would expect Naismith to be mainly deployed behind Mbokani or Jerome, rather than as the main striker himself. That does perhaps beg a question regarding Hoolahan's role in such a setup, but the price-tag doesn't suggest that he's being bought to sit on the bench.

What was the last proper end-to-end Premiership game that was live on the TV? Something like Everton vs. Stoke on Saturday but live. I'm honestly bored when I watch English football these days.

I suppose I sympathise with this to an extent, but we've had plenty of entertaining games on Sky and BT in this month alone. Southampton beating Arsenal 4-0 on Boxing Day, Watford dismantling Liverpool the weekend before, Bournemouth beating Chelsea and Manchester United in succession, Stoke beating Manchester City, Newcastle beating Liverpool. Liverpool beat Manchester City 4-1 at the Etihad at the end of November, too.

Granted, I didn't watch them all in full, but I think you would be pretty hard pushed to describe many of those as 'boring'. They maybe weren't all "end-to-end", but plenty of entertainment and genuine quality nonetheless.

I suppose I sympathise with this to an extent, but we've had plenty of entertaining games on Sky and BT in this month alone. Southampton beating Arsenal 4-0 on Boxing Day, Watford dismantling Liverpool the weekend before, Bournemouth beating Chelsea and Manchester United in succession, Stoke beating Manchester City, Newcastle beating Liverpool. Liverpool beat Manchester City 4-1 at the Etihad at the end of November, too.

Granted, I didn't watch them all in full, but I think you would be pretty hard pushed to describe many of those as 'boring'. They maybe weren't all "end-to-end", but plenty of entertainment and genuine quality nonetheless.

Haha.

Well, that's me telt.

There's been a few articles over the last few days about tactics in this seasons Premier League, mainly referencing that Watford and Leicester have both been revelations playing a 4-4-2 rather than the majority of teams going with a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1. I've seen some people suggesting that this is a return to the traditional British style, although it's been brought in by a Spaniard and an Italian.

It's a bit 'captain obvious' to say it but I think that systems depend on players a bit more than players depend on systems. Watford's 4-4-2 works well because they have an excellent front partnership in Deeny and Igahlo, who produce the sort of performances that you need to play that way in the situation Watford find themselves in. I don't think you could put a similar sort of system in place at one of the bigger clubs given the different challenges and expectations.

That's one interesting thing about the game last night - Leicester went into it ahead of Man City but were cautious , approaching the game more like they were 10th than 2nd.

I still think it makes for an interesting season. It'll be interesting to see if guys like Vardy and Deeney continue with their form and start getting international recognition. Maybe England need to starting playing 4-4-2 and trying to rummel these continentals up for some success?

The 2 Liverpool games were terrible to watch despite the score line/upset.

A Vardy and Kane partnership could prove very handy. I don't see where Rooney would fit but he'll probably be in the England team regardless if he's fit.

Don't see what they have to lose. I'd want Rooney dropped if I was an England fan anyway, especially for that duo.

Archived