Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that was the case at all with Ferguson, you could look at a few of his teams over the years and say they didn't look strong on paper but he still done a terrific job with them. If Ferguson had stayed he would've had a whole summer to get players in as well, look at the fortunes handed to LVG/Moyes.

I agree with the rest of what you've said but Moyes only got to make 2 signings. (Arguably two of Man Utd's best players this season BTW.)

Watched the villa Leicester game with the sound off last night and was certain the villa goal shouldn't have stood as it was a blatant hand ball. Just then I overheard the co commentator from sky sports say it wasn't a hand ball as it wasn't deliberate. Was this the general consensus on the goal? He controlled the ball with his hand which makes it a hand ball surely?

Watched the villa Leicester game with the sound off last night and was certain the villa goal shouldn't have stood as it was a blatant hand ball. Just then I overheard the co commentator from sky sports say it wasn't a hand ball as it wasn't deliberate. Was this the general consensus on the goal? He controlled the ball with his hand which makes it a hand ball surely?

I thought it definitely shouldn't have counted.

I thought so too, just wondered what redknap and co had to say about it and the rule for hand ball isn't Clear. Fair enough if someone kicks the ball from point black and t hits someone in the arm then hand ball is harsh but this was literally a controlled touch with his hand that lead to a goal, such a blatant hand ball but not deliberate so is that enough not to be given ?

I don't think that was the case at all with Ferguson, you could look at a few of his teams over the years and say they didn't look strong on paper but he still done a terrific job with them. If Ferguson had stayed he would've had a whole summer to get players in as well, look at the fortunes handed to LVG/Moyes.

Can't say I agree at all.

Glad you disagree tbh.

I agree with the rest of what you've said but Moyes only got to make 2 signings. (Arguably two of Man Utd's best players this season BTW.)

Aye, suppose, still think that squad was capable of doing so much better, just look at Leicester...

And even though it was only Fellaini and Mata, it was still £64 million pounds.

I thought so too, just wondered what redknap and co had to say about it and the rule for hand ball isn't Clear. Fair enough if someone kicks the ball from point black and t hits someone in the arm then hand ball is harsh but this was literally a controlled touch with his hand that lead to a goal, such a blatant hand ball but not deliberate so is that enough not to be given ?

i thought the rule was were your hand is, not if it is deliberate or how far away the ball was struck

in the villa incident the players arm is by his side, which is a natural position really, so when it bounced up and hit him the ref waved play on

I think the kick off time is strange as well but have a few of the big games not been on earlier on the Sunday and the 4 o clock game has been the lesser fixture (on paper anyway)?

Maybe 2.05 is the new 4 o clock. Stoke Arsenal should be good tho

This has been answered

From the absolute pleasure that was Ross County vs Aberdeen to this. Have the bookies closed the market on this finishing 0-0?

Have a strange feeling this game will kick off at some point tbh

Archived