Premier League 2015-16

We constantly grape about the standard of our game north of border, well I have made a point of watching a some of the fare that is served up south of the border and deary me talk about getting cheated. Watched the Liverpool v Manchester Untd game yesterday and it was an eyesore. I know that game is played at ferocious pace and mere mortals like us would not be able to do half the things modern footballers do, but passing the ball to your own team mate, being able to cross ( both feet), retaining the ball- seemed to have escaped nearly all the players on that pitch yesterday and a lot of them will be on 50-80k a week. Not exactly value for money. I actually got bored and left so I missed the goal, so I guess that will teach me a thing or two about patience. Honestly though I have seen 12 or so games this month and only about 3 of them have been to a good standard. The upside of this I suppose is smaller clubs are doing better, which is small comfort to those poor brainwashed fools shelling about 30 odd quid a month in TV to watch over hyped drivel dressed up as quality football.

Chooses not to mention the multi goalfests last midweek which were highly entertaining.

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chooses not to mention the multi goalfests last midweek which were highly entertaining.

True. Yet when we have goal fests up here is blamed on the poor quality of the teams up here and yet in England it is heralded as brilliant. I was just really grumping that people should a bit less harsh on our game, while the game down south is wee bit overhyped when it is in actual fact just as mince at times. You just dont here the same level of criticism down there.

Anyway I hope Leicester hold it together and win it

I suppose it will a change when the media up here will have their 'Old Firm' "isnt it exciting" puff to watch again next season. Cannie wait.

I suppose it will a change when the media up here will have their 'Old Firm' "isnt it exciting" puff to watch again next season. Cannie wait.

With a bit of luck Rangers' overspending of the money they don't have will only increase upon promotion, and they'll go bust by their 5th birthday.

Nah that's the thing they aren't always like that. They have beat some of the better teams this season in the league yet they can play against utter dross and play shite. They have brought in a few class players. But they only show up every so often. It's why they are at Stoke and not a better team. Just a middle placed team they will be.

post-44604-14531239460796_thumb.jpg

Stop talking backwards, you must.

True. Yet when we have goal fests up here is blamed on the poor quality of the teams up here and yet in England it is heralded as brilliant. I was just really grumping that people should a bit less harsh on our game, while the game down south is wee bit overhyped when it is in actual fact just as mince at times. You just dont here the same level of criticism down there.

Anyway I hope Leicester hold it together and win it

Except that they don't really, beyond their own marketing, which you can hardly blame them for, because it absolutely works. Most analysis of games this season has focused on the fact that no team really wants to win the league. They're hardly crowing on about how Leicester must be the greatest team in the history of the World because they're above certain other "big" teams.

Archived