Premier League 2015-16

What's that got to do with Pardew being from London though?

Newcastle fans don't like McLaren either.

They absolutely despised him because he was a southerner, an outsider. Why do you think they hated him with such passion that they don't have against McClaren?

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They absolutely despised him because he was a southerner, an outsider. Why do you think they hated him with such passion that they don't have against McClaren?

Because they didn't like him and he was there for 4 years..? And they do really dislike McClaren, just give it a quick google, but he's only been there for 7 months, they're obviously not going to despise him as much yet.

He's also an 'outsider' anyway for what it's worth, born in York, he's also ex Boro.

I thought Newcastle fans hated Pardew because he was an arrogant, smug git? Him being from London was just a bonus. Meanwhile, McLaren is just a bumbling fool, so less offensive, nothing to do with where he is from.

I think in Leicesters favour is the fact that everyone else keeps dropping stupid points too. They aren't great and they might not need to be. A points total in the mid 70's is more than achievable for them and could be more than enough to win it.

I think in Leicesters favour is the fact that everyone else keeps dropping stupid points too. They aren't great and they might not need to be. A points total in the mid 70's is more than achievable for them and could be more than enough to win it.

It's amazing how much the standard at the top of the league has declined in the last 10 years. Any one of Fergie's Yinited sides would be 10+ clear and coasting this season.

Not to take anything from Leicester of course, they are where they deserve to be.

It's amazing how much the standard at the top of the league has declined in the last 10 years. Any one of Fergie's Yinited sides would be 10+ clear and coasting this season.

Not to take anything from Leicester of course, they are where they deserve to be.

is it not also that everyone else has improved considerably too, though? Even, say, Norwich and the like have the spending power for full internationals that, in previous years, would otherwise be playing elsewhere...

Explain why Chris Hughton, was so popular then? Part of the antipathy towards Pardew stems from the way Hughton was shafted.

That was always the impression I got. It was the circumstances which saw him take the job that saw him disliked from the start and bar a brief respite after finishing 5th, saw him hated til the end

Houghton was shafted but the move was quickly justified by Pardew's initial success and you got the impression that some Newcastle fans almost wanted him to fail

That was always the impression I got. It was the circumstances which saw him take the job that saw him disliked from the start and bar a brief respite after finishing 5th, saw him hated til the end

Houghton was shafted but the move was quickly justified by Pardew's initial success and you got the impression that some Newcastle fans almost wanted him to fail

I think this sums it up pretty well. I also think that people who aren't fans didn't realise quite how appalling some of the losing streaks we went on were.

The season after we finished 5th, we only became safe from relegation with 1 game to go.

The season after that we did alright up until boxing day, and then lost 15 of the final 21 games, failing to score in 13 of them. In 7 of those matches we conceded 3 or more goals.

Last season, it took us until mid October to win a league game.

I think if his team's were just inconsistent, it wouldn't have been half as bad. But we'd win 5 in a row and then spend the next 3 months looking hopeless. It got tedious after a while. Palace fans are already experiencing the same.

They are one point further ahead than they were at the start of the round, with one less game to play.

Sounds like a gain if you ask me.

It's not really though as Tottenham cleared one of the hardest games left in their run-in while Leicester only cleared West Brom in the process. The two sides' likely points totals for the end of the season won't change compared to each other and so Leicester aren't more likely to win the league now than they were on Sunday.

Ottamendi (sp) is brutal

Correct.

Absolutely amazed Newcastle have stuck with McLaren. What an awful manager he is, spent a ridiculous amount of money and still has them in the bottom 2.

Last year he spent loads with Derby and couldn't get them in the playoffs. Find it remarkable he's working in the EPL.

Between them and Villa, they have spent around £120m+ this season, unbelievable.

So they're further ahead than they were, with one less game to play. But they aren't more likely to win the league now?

Bizarre logic in my book, but each to their own...

Correct.

Between them and Villa, they have spent around £120m+ this season, unbelievable.

Every Premier League will have spent somewhere around the £60m region though surely? There still has to be teams in 19th and 20th.

So they're further ahead than they were, with one less game to play. But they aren't more likely to win the league now?

Bizarre logic in my book, but each to their own...

It's only 'bizarre' if you treat every match as having an equal likelihood of Leicester or Tottenham winning against their opponents; which isn't actually the case. A real Leicester gain would have them five or six points ahead after that midweek round as they had a far more straightforward fixture. When Leicester face Manchester United any other teams left in the race will in turn expect to gain back two or three points over them that week.

Had the matches gone ahead on the same evening then the dominant narrative would be quite different now IMO.

Archived