Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Liverpool fans still think favourably of him after his spell at Man United?

Very few former players ever got a poor reception coming back to Anfield and he was one of them. Although not universal like Torres and Diuof.

Guess he came through the youths and had 7 good years at Liverpool. Jurgen Klopp is the manager so I'm not really bothered :)

Very few former players ever got a poor reception coming back to Anfield and he was one of them. Although not universal like Torres and Diuof.

Guess he came through the youths and had 7 good years at Liverpool. Jurgen Klopp is the manager so I'm not really bothered :)

Yeah assumed it wasn't that big a deal seen as I've never really heard it brought up but was just curious

Its weird when you watch Premier League Years and see Owen blasting in hat-tricks every week for Liverpool alongside Fowler. You almost forget that, at one point, he looked like an absolutely phenomenal talent.

People don't take him seriously nowadays for a number of reasons. To say he just looked like a phenomenal talent is a tad unfair on him as he did occasionally deliver throughout his career including winning world player of the year. He wasn't a Steven Gerard but not exactly a Francis Jeffers either.

Its weird when you watch Premier League Years and see Owen blasting in hat-tricks every week for Liverpool alongside Fowler. You almost forget that, at one point, he looked like an absolutely phenomenal talent.

Owen was clearly one of the most promising strikers in the world when he first came around and his record for England is pretty good. 40 goals in 89 games.

I'm biased though as I had the Michael Owen Soccer Skills video growing up :lol: Basically just Owen scoring past a teenage keeper constantly with advice on how he did it.

MV5BMjI2NjI0ODU5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODE4

Michael Owen named as Liverpool's International Ambassador. Now, I don't really know what it involves and I really have no time for him being connected with the club in any way these days, but if it means he cannot commentate for BT from now on, what a fantastic appointment, for everyone.

Sounds like a great appointment tbh.  He'll have some great tales of winning the league with United to tell.

Owen was clearly one of the most promising strikers in the world when he first came around and his record for England is pretty good. 40 goals in 89 games.

I'm biased though as I had the Michael Owen Soccer Skills video growing up :lol: Basically just Owen scoring past a teenage keeper constantly with advice on how he did it.

MV5BMjI2NjI0ODU5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODE4

Ah yes, Jamie the shit goalie.

Archived