Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic fans are morons.  They played 4 knockout rounds against sides where football probably wasn't even invented yet.  The only thing you may be impressed about is them beating Inter in the final.

Leicester winning the Premier League isn't even in the same stratosphere as that.

I understand the default position on here is to talk down anything complimentary towards Celtic or Rangers, but you are doing a massive disservice to the Celtic side that won that competition. Arguably the only weak side they played in that run were FC Zürich, with maybe Nantes falling under the description of average. Vojvodina and Sparta Prague were both very good sides at the time, Czech football was probably at it's strongest from the early 60's to the mid 70's and the Yugoslavia team was one of the best in Europe in that era. Obviously Inter are the stand out opposition as they are still a big name, but getting to the final was an achievement in itself.

Leicester's win would be a bigger surprise as it's more difficult to win consistently over 38 league games, but the Celtic win in '67 is still an outstanding achievement.

Greatest sporting achievement for me means excelling in your field to unprecedented levels. Tiger Woods winning the Masters by 12 strokes for example. What Leicester are doing is obviously incredible and a complete Rocky story and will go down in history, but the achievement in itself is the same achievement a team manages every year.

Yes, but not a team like that one.

All good stuff except the trophy bit. Unlikely now but if they did f**k it up that'll come back to haunt them big time.

Agreed.

When I saw it yesterday a wee image of Albert Kidd came into my head.

I think they'll do it but if it's not tied up one way or another this weekend then the pressure really is on to beat Everton.

There's been a noticeable lack of the 'hahaha Pardew' chat on here since Palace's form has illustrated what Newcastle fans kept saying about him.

They're still 6 points ahead of Newcastle as it stands and in a cup final.

They're still 6 points ahead of Newcastle as it stands and in a cup final.

Bearing in mind what a joke we've been for most of the season, 6 points ahead of us is crap. And continually throwing cup ties (we lost to Cardiff, Brighton twice and f*cking Stevenage in the cups) is one of the reasons people got so angry.

Archived