2015/16 Europa League

Check out the report on the BBC website. Utterly biased pish, and the comments section is absolute comedy gold, awash with Liverpool fans claiming the defeat was some sort of conspiracy :lol:

some of them are claiming the ref (who is a millionaire) must of been bribed

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you say to them?

That was the thing, when it happened I didn't actually say anything.

Got to Barfüsserplatz and met a few friends around 7:30, watched it on the big telly they had put up. 99% Liverpool fans, would say most of them were Swiss but quite a few over from England. Absolute Scenes when Liverpool scored, carry outs flying all over the shop, flares and smoke bombs set off, bodies everywhere. Same when Liverpool scored that offside goal, took most of them a good minute or so to realise it had been chopped off. Half time, decent atmosphere, I end up talking to a group of boys from Liverpool who were standing behind us. They were obviously quite happy at that point, I had mentioned that I didn't care about the result and was only there for a beer, no one was bothered. Seville equalised, put a dampener on things but was still a fairly positive atmosphere. Seville scored their second and the guys behind us started acting like arseholes, giving it "If your not supporting us you are against us, so who isn't supporting us" behind my back rather than to my face. I ignored them, Seville scored their third, I turned around to talk to one of the guys I was there with and one of the scrotes from Liverpool started with "What are you looking at, smug jock b*****d". I ignored him again, he seemed to get angrier at the fact I didn't react to him, then his mate piped up with something along the lines of "When this is over your getting stabbed", to which his mate agreed and said he would join in as well.

To be fair, the rest of the guys they were with all fucked off at that point telling the two of them to grow up, and most of the other folk around us were telling them to shut up and behave. They fucked off with about 5 minutes left, which was a shame because I was looking forward to putting on my best Gregg Wallace smug face and asking if they'd enjoyed the game.*

*Not really, I'd have quietly moved on and tried to get home without incident.

The game showed why brendan Rodgers was sacked as Liverpool boss . Klopp may or may not succeed as boss of Liverpool but that job starts now. He should be judged on how his recruitments perform.

A lot of people talking about these 'penalty decisions'. I was fairly neutral last night but to me none of them were penalties but the media seem to be peddling this line that Liverpool were somehow robbed by bad decisions.

One was a penalty and one was not.

There should have been a penalty awared to Villareal in semi at Anfield that would have changed the tie.

The real story was how Liverpool were blown away physically , technically and for pace in second half. Also no team should lose a goal direct from a kick off.

The game showed why brendan Rodgers was sacked as Liverpool boss . Klopp may or may not succeed as boss of Liverpool but that job starts now. He should be judged on how his recruitments perform.

Klopp had a january transfer window in charge to make some signings,last night it was his team playing the way he wanted

Liverpool fans were absolutely robbed last night. But not by the ref, or any of the officials. Their own players rolling over and getting their bellies tickled, barely even getting out of their own half after half time is what robbed them.

It was an arse collapse of the highest quality.

Klopp had a january transfer window in charge to make some signings,last night it was his team playing the way he wanted

Can't agree with this. January is notoriously difficult as the vast majority of players won't be moved on by their clubs mid season. It's very much a window to patch up any deficiencies in the squad and try and get to the end of the season. That's why he signed one 19 year old and loaned him straight back out. It certainly isn't his team.

They looked really good in the first half, but after they made their mistake straight from the kick-off, they looked shell-shocked.  Was the 2nd the "it's-pure-offside" goal, or was that the third?  Either way, another mistake, albeit an unfortunate one where they just booted it to the Sevilla player.  Biggest mistake in that was the linesman though.  Understand why the Liverpool players would've been furious at that one.  Most won't get the best view, they see the flag up, but the ref overrules.  Linesman should be getting his baws toed for that one.

But after the 2nd went in, there was absolutely no way they were getting back into it.  Created nothing, deserved nothing, and Sevilla strolled to the win.

It's certainly a far better use of one's time to come on to a thread to whinge about the people on the thread laughing at Liverpool.

Not that there's hypocrisy in play or anything...

lulz.

I'll always fight the corner of my beloved Liverpool when faceless trolls besmirch their good name. 

He said he would not buy in January and he is correct . A silly time to do business .

Check out the report on the BBC website. Utterly biased pish, and the comments section is absolute comedy gold, awash with Liverpool fans claiming the defeat was some sort of conspiracy :lol:

Obviously they've been coached by their pals from the east end of Glasgow.

Was probably the stadium/Sevilla/the stewards/the polices fault.

You must have written the 10am news I heard. It was the poor stewarding and segregation to blame.

Even funnier that Liverpool could have been 2 up if the guy who was offside (sturridge?) didn't attempt to play the ball in the first half

When I seen that incident, I did wonder how close the sevilla player(the one who was closest to the Liverpool player taking the corner) was to playing sturridge onside. Unfortunately the replay didn't zoom out far enough to be able to see the sevilla player

Absolutely no complaints about the result ... Sevilla were comfortable winners with that second half performance. Thought it was Liverpool's night at half time.

On the whole it was a good day. Great atmosphere in the square during the day and the weather was nice. Had a good wander round Basle.

The heavens opened around 6pm so we got the tram up near the ground and managed to avoid a soaking. The ground itself is pretty grim and was pretty awkward getting in through the cordons. Hardly any toilets inside and a scrum at the few food kiosks.

It was a quiet plane back after so managed a couple of hours kip and somehow got through work today :lol:

After a great run to the final so frustrating to pass up a great chance of lifting a European trophy. Sadly there will be no repeat next year either. :(

Archived