Bundesliga 2023/24

14 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah, it didn’t help we were seeing 1860 so it wasn’t the fullest - grey seats everywhere!

Yeah I have a pal who lives over there so been to visit a few times and went on a tour and an 1860 game as well. Even for a Bavarian derby against Ingolstadt it wasn't even half full. No surprise they got out of that deal.

Edited by Rodhull

6 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah I have a pal who lives over there so been to visit a few times and went on a tour and an 1860 game as well. Even for a Bavarian derby against Ingolstadt it wasn't even half full. No surprise they got out of that deal.

1860 being punted out of the leagues meant they could chuck them out anyway. Having seen 1860 at both the Allianz and at Grunwalder, the 1860 fans are much happier being 'home' anyway. They hated the Allianz. 

Edited by stumigoo

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

1860 being punted out of the leagues meant they could chuck them out anyway. Having seen 1860 at both the Allianz and at Grunwalder, the 1860 fans are much happier being 'home' anyway. They hated the Allianz. 

Hoping to go and see them at the Grunwalder, think it would be a good laugh.

Just now, Jambomo said:

Hoping to go and see them at the Grunwalder, think it would be a good laugh.

It is brilliant, and because it is their local part of the city it is full of 1860 stuff, in all of the cafes and bars. Cracking atmosphere. A really good ground with plenty of character.

They had talked about building a new stadium but not sure what stage that might be at. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:
7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:
I'm new to Bundesliga.
Are Schalke always that bad?

Judging by the table I assume not but that's two games now where they have been hopeless.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that a team managed by David Wagner would be rotten. He seemed out of his depth in the English Premier.